Best Beard Oil Buying Guide
Thanks for taking your time to read out information and reviews on the best beard oils, that are currently available on the UK marketplace.
Oils are used to keep a beard looking healthy with a nice shine. There are however other benefits that include help with preventing beard itch and also preventing dandruff.
There are a lot of different beard oils available on the UK market. Trying to find the one you prefer we believe is often a matter of trial and error. That is because different guys like different scents.
If bears are not treated with oil and cared for, they ten to look dry and a bit scruffy. The skin underneath the beard gets clogged up with dead skin cells, and it is those that make the beard itch.
Running and combing or brushing some beard oil in helps keep the hair itself well treated, but more importantly helps moisturise the skin underneath.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
What Is Beard Oil Used For?
Our skin produces a natural oil called "sebum" and that oil is what ensures healthy hair growth. As we age that oil does not produce the same amount of natural oil as when we were younger.
Brushing and combing the beard does actually help stimulate that sebum and also helps spread it throughout the beard, and the skin underneath.
Even with that, not enough oil is produced, and that is where a good quality beard oil can really help a lot.
Almost all good quality beard oils contain oils such as almond oil jojoba oil or argan oil which help moisturise the hairs, and also moisturise the skin. That in turn keeps away itch and dandruff, and adds a nice shine to the beard.
Top 10 Beard Oil Reviews
There are a lot of brushes on the UK market. Aside from the shape, the other main differences is what they are made from, and what type of hair is used to make the bristles on the brush.
Most are wooden, with natural boar hair. Some have a long wooden handle and others have the bristles underneath a top which fits into the palm of the hand. It is a matter of personal preference which style you prefer.
Here you will find our summary reviews of the best beard brushes. We have ranked these by the highest buyer rated first.
You will notice a number in the brackets beside each brush product name. That number is an average buyer satisfaction rating, scored out of 100%. We looked at the main websites where these are sold and made a note of their ratings left by buyers.
We then calculated the average score.
- Beard Oil, Forest™ Blended Beard Oil (92%)
- Beard Oil - The Bearded Gent's Beard Growth Oil (92%)
- LMC Beard Oil - XYLO Fusion (92%)
- Beard Oil by Percy Nobleman (92%)
- Seven Potions Premium Beard Oil for Men (92%)
- Triumph Beard Oil - BULLINBERG (92%)
- ZOUSZ Beard Oil (92%)
- Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil (90%)
- Beard Oil Gentleman's Face Care Club (90%)
- Sir Beardalot Beard Oil For Men
1. Beard Oil, Forest™ Blend, All Natural - 7 Premium Oils Blended
- 79% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review and this is the biggest seller online by quite a distance
- From the Hundred Beard Company
- This Forest™ blend contains a delicious concoction of three distinct essential oils reminiscent of a virgin forest
- All natural - No fillers, no synthetic chemicals
2. Beard Oil, The Bearded Gent's Beard Growth Oil & Gift Sets
- 76% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review and is a big seller online
- From the Gentleman's Face Care Club
- Contains 100% pure natural oils and made in the UK under strict cosmetic manufacturing guidelines
- Adds shine and absorbs quickly in to the beard and is non greasy
- Manufacturer offers a 100% money back guarantee if not satisfied
3. LMC Beard Oil, XYLO Fusion, 100% Natural
- 83% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- No animal testing and 100% vegan
- The Xylo Fusion contains a blend of 3 essential oils for a crisp and earthy scent
- Helps stop beard itch and dandruff
- They offer a full refund if you are not satisfied
4. Beard Oil by Percy Nobleman
- 79% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Has a musky vanilla fragrance
- A bottle lasts up to 4 months
- Comes in a useful pump bottle
- Contains almond oil, argan oil, and marula oil
- No animal testing and made in the UK
5. Seven Potions Premium Beard Oil for Men
- 84% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Not oily or greasy
- Made from only the best natural, vegan, cruelty free ingredients
- Free from parabens, PEGs, silicones, colourants, and synthetic fragrances
- Helps prevent beard dandruff and split ends
- Contains carrier oils such as jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, crambe seed oil, apricot kernel oil, and essential oils
- Made in England
6. Triumph Beard Oil - BULLINBERG
- Triumph is the fragrance for the dynamic man
- 81% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Has notes of Bergamot, Lavender sprigs, Lemon, Mandarin zest, and Neroli blossoms
- Made in United Kingdom
7. ZOUSZ Beard Oil - Black Oud Scented Beard Oil As Seen In GQ
- Contains organic and natural ingredients of the finest quality
- 80% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Has a Black Oud scented fragrance
- Moisturises, conditions and softens the beard
- Removes dandruff and flakey ski
- 100% money back guarantee is offered, no questions asked
8. Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil
- Sounds Scottish but is actually an American brand
- 78% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Contains organic virgin argan, Golden Jojoba and 6 More Premium Hydrating Oils
- All Natural and Organic Ingredients
- Softens Beard and Conditions Skin
9. Premium Beard Conditioning Oil For Men
- This sells really well online
- 76% of all buyers gave this oil a 5 star review
- 100% pure natural oils
- Adds shine and is not greasy
- Helps prevent beard itch
- Has a hint of vanilla and sandalwood
- 100% money back guarantee if not satisfied
10. Sir Beardalot Beard Oil For Men
- 72% of all buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Has a subtle woody aroma
- This all natural blend of essential and carrier oils can do the job perfectly without the need for any chemicals
- They offer a 365 day guarantee or your money back
Beard Oil Buyer's Guide
We always like to write a full buyer's guide, which we believe is especially helpful for any new buyer. Beard oils can get complex so we have tried to make sense of the features below.
What Oils are Used in Beard Oil?
There are a lot of naturally produced oils that are used by manufacturers when making beard oils. The most common are:
- Argan Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Almond Oil
Let's have a look at each of them and see what properties they have that make them a good choice for beard oils.
Argan Oil for Beards
This particular oil is generally speaking good for all types of hair. Argan oil is extracted from the kernel of the Argan tree. This tree is native to Morocco
This oil contains antioxidants, essential fatty acids such as Omega 6, and vitamin A, C and E. This helps improve the moisture and elasticity of the hair. That in turn helps keep hair healthy and with a good shine.
Vitamin E in particular has properties that prevent splitting of hairs. Fatty acids in the right amount are really good at strengthening hair.
Jojoba Oil for Beards
The jojoba plant is United States. It grows in the desert regions of Arizona, southern California, and Mexico. It is used quite a lot in cosmetic products.
This oil is predominantly used as it is very good at adding moisture to the hair and the skin. By simply adding moisture you prevent dry hair, and that helps with hair breaking or splitting.
The oil itself contains vitamin b, C and E. It also contains both copper and zinc. It is believed that this makes jojoba oil is especially good at preventing hair loss.
Almond Oil for Beards
Almond oil is an emollient and as such helps soften hair. It works like a conditioner and makes it easier to comb or brush.
Almond oil includes Omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamin E, and magnesium. It is used quite a lot to treat hair loss and damaged hair.