Best Electric Shavers for Women - UK Reviews
Thanks for taking the time to read our reviews on the best electric shavers for women, that are currently available on the UK marketplace. There are as you can imagine quite a lot to choose from. These types of shavers are made by many brands, and each brand will have a number of slightly different models available.
While that is good for both price and competition, it can also get confusing for the prospective buyer. Here at the Shaving Emporium we spend out time doing research on the many products that ladies may use for shaving, or removing unwanted hair from the body.
One method of doing that is of course the electric shaver. There are of course other methods of hair removal that include:
- Waxing, threading or plucking
- Laser Treatments
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
As you may also know it doesn't stop there. So why consider using an electric shaver rather than these other methods.
Benefits of Using an Electric Shaver
The key benefit of using an electric shaver to remove unwanted hair is that it is fast. There are however some other real life benefits, which we have listed below:
- There is no pain such as you would get with plucking, waxing or by using an epilator
- It is not only fast, but if you own a cordless electric shaver, you can quite literally use it anywhere
- Useful for at home and when travelling
- Practically no risk of getting ingrown hairs
- No risk of cuts, or nicks
- Will not cause irritation, rashes or unwanted stubble if the skin is moisturised after the shave
- Suitable for sensitive areas of the body
Cautions When Using an Electric Shaver
With any product there is always some things to be aware of. We have listed those below:
- Electric shavers work by applying a head to the skin - that can be made of foil or spinning blades - there is no moisture there to protect the skin, so you do need to moisturise once you have finished to help hydrate the skin
- You do have the initial expense of buying the product which can be between £15-30 depending on which one you pick
- If you decide on the convenience of cordless, then you will need to make sure the shaver is charged
Top 10 List of Women's Electric Shavers
Just below we have listed the top 10 best selling electric shavers for ladies that are currently available on the UK market. We have included on that list the name of the product, the number of online reviews we found, the average RRP and the buyer satisfaction rating.
Please be aware that prices change all of the time so you will need to fact check that on the day you decide to purchase.
Our buyer satisfaction rating score is worked out in the following manner. We research all of the websites that sell electric shavers online. We look at the ratings given to each shaver by those online buyers.
We then add those up and work out the average. We then express that figure as a percentage, with the maximum score being 100%.
Under our top 10 list you will find a summary review of each shaver, and from there we have a link to that particular electric shaver, where you can read a more detailed review if you wish.
We also show the number of online reviews that we found. That is a good indicator of what products sell the most.
You can click on a product name to read a summary review.
Number of Online Reviews
Top 10 Electric Shavers for Women
You can click on any of the images to read more at Amazon UK
1. Braun Silk-Epil Lady Shaver 5-100 Pink
These clippers are the biggest seller online and have over 1,00 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 80%.
- This is a battery operated electric lady shaver and the biggest seller online
- It is a floating foil and trimmer for a close shave on legs, underarms or bikini line
- Uses a rounded head to cover the body contours.
- There is also a vibrating exfoliation attachment
- Also comes with a trimmer cap for bikini line and sensitive areas
2. Remington Cordless Wet and Dry Lady Shaver
This electric shaver has over 700 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 78%. It is also one of the most affordable lady shavers that you can currently buy.
- This cordless model also sells really well and is a double foil shaver for comfortable shaving results
- It uses 2 x hypoallergenic floating heads
- It also has an intercept trimmer for smoother results
- Comes with a charging stand
- Also has a bikini trimming comb attachment
- Many ladies like and trust the Remington brand
3. Philips SatinShave Essential
This electric shaver has over 659 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 85%. That is one of the highest online buyer ratings and many UK ladies will be familiar with the Philip's brand.
- This is a battery cordless design that is waterproof so can be used in the shower
- You have the benefits of no more nicks or scratches, with the added skin protection on this shaver
- Can be used to both trim and shape, as it comes with a bikini comb attachment
- Can be used wet or dry
- Slim and light design, easy to hold and great for travel
4. Philips SatinShave Prestige Wet & Dry Electric Lady Shaver
This electric shaver has over 400 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 80%.
- This electric shaver uses floating foils and soft-touch comfort cushions for an effective yet gentle shave.
- Uses high quality Lithium-Ion battery
- These batteries provides 1 hour of cordless use after a 1 hour charge
- Also has a 5 minute quick charge.
- Can be used wet & dry and have an anti-slip grip
- Comes with a bikini trimmer head, a comb and an efficiency cap for gentle, effective hair removal from head-to-toe
- Comes with a travel cap and pouch.
- Battery indicator light shows when charging & battery level
5. Miserwe Hair Removal Mini IP4X Waterproof Rechargeable Cordless Lady Shaver
This electric shaver has over 175 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 90%.
- This shaver has several options
- Uses a straight blade for the arms and legs
- An arc blade is used for the armpits and bikini line
- Also has a honeycomb floating knife net used for further fine repair of shorter hair
- Comes with a USB cable, rechargeable battery, so can be easily charged by any adapter, computer or power bank when you are travel around the world.
- Can be used wet or dry
- Has a stainless steel shaving head
- The mesh head is used for shaving slag hair to keep your skin clean and remove stubble.Has a charging light
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
6. Lady Shaver Rechargeable Electric Razor
This electric shaver has over 150 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 84%.
- This is a 3 in 1 women's electric r for whole body use
- It has a straight blade for the arms and legs
- Also has a curved blade which can used to shave underarms or any hard-to-reach areas
- Uses a 3D floating foil for painless hair shaving
- It is waterproof so can be used wet or dry
- Has a hypoallergenic stainless steel blade with bikini trimmer
- Provides 40 minutes of cordless using after an 8 hiur charge
- Comes with a USB cable allows so can be charged from most USB devices
- Comes with a full return policy
7. Miserwe 5 in 1 Hair Removal Lady Shaver
This electric shaver has over 97 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 92%.
- This is a 5 in 1 grooming kit
- The shaver has 5 attachments which are a bikini trimmer, facial hair, body shaver, eyebrow trimmer, nose trimmer and facial brush.
- This women's electric razor has very cute look, it's just a little bigger than your lipstick. You can even put the bikini trimmer for women in your makeup bag and carry it everywhere.
- Comes with a cordless USB charger for convenience
- Can be used wet or dry
- The blades are made from stainless steel
- Comes with a 1 year warranty
8. Women Electric Shaver, T-Antrix [Rechargeable]
This electric shaver has over 67 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 82%.
- This is a shaver and trimmer
- Works for pubic hair,legs,bikini area, armpit,body,face etc
- A good choice for sensitive skin
- Ideal for trimming longer hairs or along the bikini line.
- Uses a shaving foil along with a flat, curved trimmer for all the contours and curves of the female body
- It is waterproof so can be used when showering
- It's Rechargeable(No batteries required)
- Continuous charging 8 hours,then it is possible to effectively use at home or for traveling up to six weeks
9. EUNON Electric Lady Shaver Razor
This electric shaver has over 60 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 92%.
- This electric shaver has 3 unique high speed razor sharp blades which are the straight blade, floating foil and a curved blade
- Can be used to shave unwanted hair on arms, legs, body or any hard-to-reach areas such as armpits and intimate bikini lines
- The 3D floating foil uses a hypo-allergenic stainless steel blade
- Can be used wet and dry
- Has an LED light that will reveal even the finest hair
- Uses a USB Quick Recharging system
- You get 60 minutes of cordless shaving time and supports 2 ways of fast USB charging via charging stand or directly connecting to power source.
- Comes with a 2 year warranty
10. Hatteker Electric Waterproof Lady Shaver
This electric shaver has over 25 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 92%.
- 5 in 1 lady's shaver
- Comes with women's shaver, nose hair trimmer, eyebrow trimmer, massage head and facial cleansing brush
- Has a stainless steel head
- Uses 2 AAA batteries
- Can be used wet and dry
- One year warranty
Women's Electric Shaver Buying Guide
We always like to put together a buying guide for any woman who is thinking of buying an electric shaver or electric razor. This is really helpful if you are new to this type of shaving. The main reasons ladies opt for an electric shaver is it is fast and it is also pain free.
This may sound surprising but some of the cheaper electric razors for women actually perform much better than the more expensive models.
We have included the important features just below.
Battery or Electric Shaver?
You can buy a shaver that you simply pop a couple of batteries into and it is good to go. That makes them handy and convenient to use. The drawback is that you will have to replace batteries, and they do run out pretty quick.
With a shaver that plugs into the mains electricity, you can use it like that, and most of them also charge a battery inside the shaver so as you can use it as a cordless. If that battery runs out you simply recharge the shaver.
You will find that those with batteries are always going to be much cheaper than those that have some type of charging station.
It is also worth mentioning that some shavers like the Miserwe brand are very good as they can be charged from a universal USB port. That is handy as the shaver can then be charged from laptops, PCs and mobile phone power banks.
Women's Electric Shaver Cost
The average price for a women's electric shaver is £25-30 depending on which model and style you prefer. They can be as cheap as £14 and can go all the way up to £55. In reality you will be able to find a very good electric shaver for around £25, and we recommend that you don't spend any more than that.
Many ladies will start shaving using some type of disposable razor. They then try using an electric shaver which does have a higher initial purchase price. In reality electric shavers are meant to be fast and convenient and can be used as a dry shaver. They can of course also be used for wet shaving in the shower or bath, but primarily they are used for convenience. That is really what you are paying for.
Dry Shaving vs Wet & Dry Shaving
All electric shavers for women will do what is called dry shaving. That is simply where the blades of the shaver come into direct contact with the skin. Some shavers will have tip protection which means the blades don't actually tough the skin.
With wet shaving you can apply a soap or cream and then use the electric shaver. That does give a much smoother shaving experience, and it also reduces the risk of dry skin or rashes. The beauty of electric shavers is that most of them can do both types of shaving.
With most electric shavers there is a head where the blades are located. Rather than have rotary heads directly contacting the skin, the head is covered with foils. Those foils are much gentler on the skin. If you have sensitive skin then foils are essential as otherwise any type of dry shaving will cause dry skin and rashes.