Thanks for taking the time to read our reviews on the best electric shavers for women, that are currently available on the UK marketplace. There are as you can imagine quite a lot to choose from. These types of shavers are made by many brands, and each brand will have a number of slightly different models available.
While that is good for both price and competition, it can also get confusing for the prospective buyer. Here at the Shaving Emporium we spend out time doing research on the many products that ladies may use for shaving, or removing unwanted hair from the body.
One method of doing that is of course the electric shaver. There are of course other methods of hair removal that include:
- Waxing, threading or plucking
- Laser Treatments
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
As you may also know it doesn't stop there. So why consider using an electric shaver rather than these other methods.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
Top 10 List of Women's Electric Shavers
Just below we have listed the top 10 best selling electric shavers for ladies that are currently available on the UK market. We have included on that list the name of the product, the number of online reviews we found, the average RRP and the buyer satisfaction rating.
Please be aware that prices change all of the time so you will need to fact check that on the day you decide to purchase.
Our buyer satisfaction rating score is worked out in the following manner. We research all of the websites that sell electric shavers online. We look at the ratings given to each shaver by those online buyers.
We then add those up and work out the average. We then express that figure as a percentage, with the maximum score being 100%.
Under our top 10 list you will find a summary review of each shaver, and from there we have a link to that particular electric shaver, where you can read a more detailed review if you wish.
We also show those shavers that sell the most.. That is a good indicator of what products sell the most.
You can click on a product name to read a summary review.
Please note that if you are reading this one a mobile phone, we have not included the table as it would be too hard to read. Instead you will be taken straight to the summary reviews.
Remington Cordless Wet and Dry Lady Shaver - Best Seller
86% buyer satisfaction based on 6,000+ online buyer reviews
This electric shaver has over 6,000 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 86%. It is also one of the most affordable lady shavers that you can currently buy.
- This cordless model also sells really well and is a double foil shaver for comfortable shaving results
- It uses 2 x hypoallergenic floating heads
- It also has an intercept trimmer for smoother results
- Comes with a charging stand
- Also has a bikini trimming comb attachment
- Many ladies like and trust the Remington brand
Braun Silk-Epil Lady Shaver 5-100 Pink
86% buyer satisfaction based on 2,500+ online buyer reviews
This shaver is the biggest seller online and have over 2,500 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 86%.
This is a battery operated electric lady shaver and the biggest seller online
It is a floating foil and trimmer for a close shave on legs, underarms or bikini line
Uses a rounded head to cover the body contours.
There is also a vibrating exfoliation attachment
Also comes with a trimmer cap for bikini line and sensitive areas
Miserwe Hair Removal Mini IP4X Waterproof Rechargeable Cordless Lady Shaver
88% buyer satisfaction based on 1,500+ online buyer reviews
This electric shaver has over 1,500 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 88%.
- This shaver has several options
- Uses a straight blade for the arms and legs
- An arc blade is used for the armpits and bikini line
- Also has a honeycomb floating knife net used for further fine repair of shorter hair
- Comes with a USB cable, rechargeable battery, so can be easily charged by any adapter, computer or power bank when you are travel around the world.
- Can be used wet or dry
- Has a stainless steel shaving head
- The mesh head is used for shaving slag hair to keep your skin clean and remove stubble. It also has a charging light
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
VOYOR Electric Lady Shaver Wet and Dry Rechargeable Electric Shaver
90% buyer satisfaction based on 1,400+ online buyer reviews
This shaver is a also a very popular choice for many ladies in the UK
This shaver comes with 5 different heads that all attach to the main shaver
It has a 3 in 1 shaving head, a trimming head with a blade comb, an epilator head, a trimmer head and a facial cleansing head
It is a foil shaver and can be used either for dry shaving or wet shaving with a cream
After a 1.5 hiur charge the shaver will last for up to 2 hours of shaving
Braun Silk-Epil Lady Shaver 5-560 Violet
88% buyer satisfaction based on 1,200+ online buyer reviews
This shaver is a very popular choice for many ladies in the UK
It is a foil shaver and a trimmer that works really well on the legs, underarms and the bikini line
It also comes with an exfoliation attachment that gently exfoliates skin while you shave
It comes with a 2-pin bathroom style plug
Philips SatinShave Essential
96% buyer satisfaction based on 10+ online buyer reviews
This electric shaver is pretty new to the UK market so not a lot of reviews as yet.
- This is a battery cordless design that is waterproof so can be used in the shower
- You have the benefits of no more nicks or scratches, with the added skin protection on this shaver
- Can be used to both trim and shape, as it comes with a bikini comb attachment
- Can be used wet or dry
- Slim and light design, easy to hold and great for travel
Philips SatinShave Prestige Wet & Dry Electric Lady Shaver
86% buyer satisfaction based on 600+ online buyer reviews
This electric shaver has over 600 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 86%.
- This electric shaver uses floating foils and soft-touch comfort cushions for an effective yet gentle shave.
- Uses high quality Lithium-Ion battery
- These batteries provides 1 hour of cordless use after a 1 hour charge
- Also has a 5 minute quick charge.
- Can be used wet & dry and have an anti-slip grip
- Comes with a bikini trimmer head, a comb and an efficiency cap for gentle, effective hair removal from head-to-toe
- Comes with a travel cap and pouch.
- Battery indicator light shows when charging & battery level
Hatteker Electric Waterproof Lady Shaver
This electric shaver has over 25 online buyer reviews, and an average buyer satisfaction rating of 92%.
- 5 in 1 lady's shaver
- Comes with women's shaver, nose hair trimmer, eyebrow trimmer, massage head and facial cleansing brush
- Has a stainless steel head
- Uses 2 AAA batteries
- Can be used wet and dry
- One year warranty
Women's Electric Shaver Buying Guide
We always like to put together a buying guide for any woman who is thinking of buying an electric shaver or electric razor. This is really helpful if you are new to this type of shaving. The main reasons ladies opt for an electric shaver is it is fast and it is also pain free.
This may sound surprising but some of the cheaper electric razors for women actually perform much better than the more expensive models.
We have included the important features just below.
Benefits of Using an Electric Shaver
The key benefit of using an electric shaver to remove unwanted hair is that it is fast. There are however some other real life benefits, which we have listed below:
- There is no pain such as you would get with plucking, waxing or by using an epilator
- It is not only fast, but if you own a cordless electric shaver, you can quite literally use it anywhere
- Useful for at home and when travelling
- Practically no risk of getting ingrown hairs
- No risk of cuts, or nicks
- Will not cause irritation, rashes or unwanted stubble if the skin is moisturised after the shave
- Suitable for sensitive areas of the body
Cautions When Using an Electric Shaver
With any product there is always some things to be aware of. We have listed those below:
- Electric shavers work by applying a head to the skin - that can be made of foil or spinning blades - there is no moisture there to protect the skin, so you do need to moisturise once you have finished to help hydrate the skin
- You do have the initial expense of buying the product which can be between £15-30 depending on which one you pick
- If you decide on the convenience of cordless, then you will need to make sure the shaver is charged
Best Lady Shaver Brands
If you took the opportunity to read through our top 10 list, then you will have noticed the best brands to look out for when it comes to buying one of these shavers. Those brands include Braun, Remington, Philips and Miserwe.
Braun, Remington and Philips have a very strong reputation and a good track record when it comes to the supplying of shavers. That is worth noting especially when it comes to customer service issues and warranties and guarantees.
Miserwe are a newer brand noted for their trendy products at affordable prices. They are however also getting very good online buyer reviews.
Dry and Wet Skin
Some electric shavers are sold as being suitable for dry shaving only. These are good enough if you simply want to do a quick tidy up job. However we would not recommend these for either long term use or for shaving near or on sensitive areas of the body.
Wet shaving with a good quality gel is a great deal better for your skin. The gel protects the skin, prepares it for shaving and gives a much smoother result.
In addition to that, it is also a better choice if you like to quickly shave in the shower.
Battery or Electric Shaver?
You can buy a shaver that you simply pop a couple of batteries into and it is good to go. That makes them handy and convenient to use. The drawback is that you will have to replace batteries, and they do run out pretty quick. These can be really useful when traveling or when hiking or camping.
With a shaver that plugs into the mains electricity, you can use it like that, and most of them also charge a battery inside the shaver so as you can use it as a cordless. If that battery runs out you simply recharge the shaver.
You will find that those with batteries are always going to be much cheaper than those that have some type of charging station.
It is also worth mentioning that some shavers like the Miserwe brand are very good as they can be charged from a universal USB port. That is handy as the shaver can then be charged from laptops, PCs and mobile phone power banks.
Women's Electric Shaver Cost
The average price for a women's electric shaver is £25-30 depending on which model and style you prefer. They can be as cheap as £14 and can go all the way up to £55. In reality you will be able to find a very good electric shaver for around £25, and we recommend that you don't spend any more than that.
Many ladies will start shaving using some type of disposable razor. They then try using an electric shaver which does have a higher initial purchase price. In reality electric shavers are meant to be fast and convenient and can be used as a dry shaver. They can of course also be used for wet shaving in the shower or bath, but primarily they are used for convenience. That is really what you are paying for.
All electric shavers for women will do what is called dry shaving. That is simply where the blades of the shaver come into direct contact with the skin. Some shavers will have tip protection which means the blades don't actually tough the skin.
With wet shaving you can apply a soap or cream and then use the electric shaver. That does give a much smoother shaving experience, and it also reduces the risk of dry skin or rashes. The beauty of electric shavers is that most of them can do both types of shaving.
With most electric shavers there is a head where the blades are located. Rather than have rotary heads directly contacting the skin, the head is covered with foils. Those foils are much gentler on the skin. If you have sensitive skin then foils are essential as otherwise any type of dry shaving will cause dry skin and rashes.
Easy to Clean & Maintain
Cleaning the shaver serves two purposes; firstly it makes sure that the shaver is hygienic for you to use, and secondly it helps prolong the lifetime use of the shaver. Most of this cleaning has to be done manually unless you get a more advanced (and expensive) model with a built in cleaning system.
When manufacturers make this type of shaver, many of them will include attachments. These do help make better use of the shaver, so they are certainly worth considering before making a final buying decision. We have explained the purpose of these attachments just below:
- Bikini Trimmers - Sometimes the manufacturer will refer to this attachment as a precision trimmer. This type of attachment usually has a slightly smaller head so better for being precise and for doing details
- Combs - These are typically made of plastic, look like a comb structure and attach to the main shaver. These are used on any flat areas of the body that need to be shaved
- Eyebrow attachments - These are very useful for quickly trimming and shaping the eyebrows
- Cleansing Brushes - Some of these will also come with a facial cleaning brush
How to Use an Electric Shaver - Top Tips for Ladies
Shaving is really all about preparing the skin. However if you are dry shaving, then always moisturise after the shave to help avoid dry skin and any rashes.
If wet shaving with an electric shaver, we highly recommend washing the area to be shaved with hot water. This helps lift the hairs up from the skin. The best time to shave is always after a shower (or during a shower) as the steam does a fantastic job of raising the hair.
Raising the hair makes it easier to cut. Before shaving apply a good quality gel or cream to the area and rub it in well. After that you can shave and then rinse off any access cream. Finally moisturise for that silky smooth feeling.
When shaving under the arms, it is best to use the shaver in an upwards movement. Pulling down in this area tends to wrinkle the skin and can cause rashes and razor bumps.
For bikini lines we recommend using a bikini trimmer, or an attachment for the shaver that is designed to do this sensitive area.
We trust that we have given you enough information on the best lady shavers on the UK market. For many ladies it will all come down to your lifestyle, the design or brand that you prefer, or simply how much you can afford to pay.
The beauty of using an electric shaver is that you can avoid cuts and nicks, and they are quick and easy to use. Our top 10 list of the best lady shavers should at least help point you in the right direction.