- in Shaving Soap
Arko Shaving Soap Stick Review
Thanks for taking the time to read our article on the Arko Shaving Soap Stick. This product has been around for years, and continues to be a popular choice for many men.
One of the key reasons for its popularity is that it is very cheap when compared to other shaving soaps on the UK market. However, we would suggest that it doesn't really matter how cheap something is, if it doesn't do the job it is supposed to do.
This stick will not let you down though, and the reason it is popular is because it is affordable and also does an excellent job of creating a good thick lather for shaving.
We found when using it that it lathers easily and quickly. The lather is thick and most importantly of all, gives a nice lubricating lather, that protects your skin, and helps your shaver glide over your skin.
It does have quite a traditional harmless scent, which most guys seem to like.
Who Buys the Arko Soap Stick?
Many barbers in the UK have this as their stock shaving soap product. Again that is for two reasons which are that is cheap to buy in bulk, and also that it works really well for their customers. The product comes from Turkey and is used in most Turkish barbers.
For some men this is simply their go to product, and because you can create a good lather with this by hand, there is no need to buy a shaving brush or bowl.
How Online Buyers Rate the Arko Soap Stick?
- Overall buyers rate this with a 96% buyer satisfaction rating
- 95% of all buyers give this a full and glowing 5 star review
- Only 1% of buyers give this stick a bad review
It is pretty obvious from the above ratings that buyers love this product.
What Online Buyers Have to Say About the Arko Stick?
When we were doing our research on this shaving soap, we also read what the many online buyers had to say. We have summarised those online reviews below and set them out in an easy to read pros and cons table.
We always like to search around and bring our readers as much information as we can find about a product. We struggled to find anything negative about this product at all.
One or two buyers said they were not that fond of the lemon scent, but that it wasn't a show stopper. Almost every single buyer gave this Arko stick a glowing 5 star review.
How to Properly Use the Arko Stick?
- Make sure that your face is wet
- Rub the stick with a bit of pressure on the stubble until you can see a layer forming
- Don't attempt to use the stick to build up your shaving lather
- You can use your hand, and ideally a brush to then build the lather on your face
- You can also break a piece off and use a shaving brush and bowl to create a lather, but there really is no need
- Use water on your face to get the lather going properly
- This soap then moisturises really well, lathers well, and provides enough lubrication that you can use it with any of your razors.
The only thing that you really need to work out is how much water to use to build up the lather. Once you get used to that, then you are good to go.
Our Opinion on the Arko Stick?
- This is a tallow based soap
- It is slick and that allows for a very smooth shave
- It does create a thick lather which is great at protecting the skin
- It is also extremely easy to use and will need just a few tries to get it just the way that you like it
- This soap has been around for years and remains a very firm favourite in the UK and beyond
If this is not the one for you, then you can check out our top 12 shaving soap reviews by clicking here. We think this is a very good choice though, and we doubt if you can find anything cheaper than this one, and yet it works like a charm.