Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews of what we believe to be the best cordless hair clippers, that are currently available on the UK market. There is little doubt that the various lock downs in the UK sent men searching for an alternative way to get their hair cut at home. Barbers and professionals are much better trained and qualified to give a professional looking haircut.
However, there is still the hassle of getting there and the cost of getting the haircut done. It really also does depend on the amount of hair you may have and the type of style you want to have. For whatever reason, and there are many, being bale to cut your own hair, or getting a partner to do it just makes more sense for many guys.
The good news is that there are lots of clippers and clipper sets to pick from. That is great for competition, but it also makes your final buying choice that little bit harder, to try and narrow down. Hair clippers come in a couple of different power options. Those that you plug into the wall and the cordless variety. This article is about cordless hair clippers, and if you prefer to read about corded hair clippers, then please click here.
When it comes to buying cordless hair clippers, that is where the Shaving Emporium can help you out. We have done a lot of research on many shaving and hair cutting products, and we have applied that same research to cordless hair clippers. That will save you some time and avoid having to churn your way through the amount of scattered information on the Internet.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
How to Choose Cordless Hair Clippers?
Battery Quality and Charging Time
The key to getting a good set of cordless hair clippers is of course the quality of the battery. The clippers also need to have a high quality set of blades. It is this combination that truly makes the difference when buying any type of cordless hair clippers.
For many years, corded hair clippers were really the only type available. They still remain popular today as they work as soon as they are plugged into an electrical socket. That simply means that they will work instantly and you have a power supply that will not let you down. It also means that you will always have enough power to operate the blades at a fast cutting speed.
The disadvantages of corded hair clippers is of course the trailing lead and that you always need to be close to a power supply. Cordless hair clippers simply give you the freedom to operate the clippers anywhere and also not have to be disturbed or limited by the length of the electrical lead.
Buying a Recognised Brand
If you look around chemists and other Retail outlets you will find a wide range of cordless hair clippers. Many of these are unknown brands, and you will also notice that they are actually pretty cheap. At first glance these look like very good bargains.
If you are someone who is happy with a cheap deal, then these are worth buying. However, you will find for the most part that they don't last that long, and the actual build quality of these is pretty poor.
We would always recommend buying a better known brand such as Wahl or Remington. That is because they are better quality and the companies will provide a much better warranty and customer service. It is that old adage that you really do get what you pay for.
Top 5 Cordless Hair Clippers by Online Buyer Rating
Just below you will find my list of the top 5 cordless hair clippers. These are based on real life buyer online reviews. On various websites when people buy hair clippers, some of them take the time to leave a review, after they have bought the trimmers and used them.
We then look at all of those reviews and summarise those to come up with our top 5 list. That way we are sure that we have got the trimmers that get the best overall buyer ratings and reviews. We just think that is useful research and good valuable information. It also saves the readers at our website having to do all that work themselves.
Wahl Colour Pro Cordless Hair Clippers
92% buyer satisfaction based on 22,000+ online buyer reviews
- The colour Pro Cordless hair clippers use a set of 12 coloured combs that match the code on the clipper, making it easy to choose your colour, style and size and that can really help avoid any home hair cutting disasters
- Wahl blades are known for their sharpness and accuracy and these blades are made from high carbon steel
- You get up to 60 minutes cordless use on a full charge with the option to use on the cord if the battery starts to run low
- The blade is easy to maintain as it snaps on and off for thorough cleaning and is suitable for rinsing under a tap to keep it hygienic
- The ergonomic design and integrated thumb grip ensures the clipper is comfortable to hold and easy to control during use
This kit also comes with hairdressing scissors, a comb, a neck duster, cleaning fluid and a small cleaning brush. This set is good for men and for family haircuts as it is really easy to use.
Remington Quick Cut Cordless Hair Clippers
92% buyer satisfaction based on 10,000+ online buyer reviews
- This is a very popular choice for many online buyers
- These clippers very comfortably sit in the hand
- They have 40 minutes run time from one charge which takes around 4 hours
- Also has a quick charge - 10 minutes is enough to allow you to do a quick trim
- It comes with 9 fixed combs with the following sizes (1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9, 12, 15 mm)
- It has a curved blade for rapid hair trimming and doing details
- This one can be washed and rinsed under a tap
- These do deliver a clean cut very quickly
- They are excellent at following the contours of your head for a barber style finish
- You can use these on the sideburns and the neck areas
- 80% of all online buyers gave these a 5 star review
- Many buyers said that these are far better than traditional clippers
- They are also much easier to use than traditional hair trimmers
- Buyers love that the curved blades really do fit all the contours of your head
- Buyers say they sit flat on the scalp for a really clean cut.
- 5% of online buyers has given these a bad review
BarberBoss Professional Hair Clippers
90% buyer satisfaction based on 10,000+ online buyer reviews
- This is an 11 piece home hair cutting k
- The hair clipper is light and uses a ceramic blade
- You also get two pairs of high-quality stainless steel scissors
- It is waterproof, making it easy to clean and then rinse the hair clipper under running water
- They are also very quiet and low vibration mode making them very suitable for kids
- They use a powerful 1500 mA Li-ion battery in-built, and the operation time will last about 120 minutes, which is perfect for family hair cut use
- There is an LED screen that shows the battery percentage and charging indicator
- There are three gear positions, which indicate the three modes of the hair clipper, which included low noise & kid mode, daily hair cut mode and thick long hair cut mode
- Comes with 4 precision cutting positions (0.8mm – 2.0mm)
Hatteker Professional Hair Clipper Cordless Clippers
90% buyer satisfaction based on 7,000+ online buyer reviews
- These clippers use a high quality ceramic titanium blade
- There are 3 adjustable blade position settings (0.8 mm,1.1mm,1.4 mm,1.7mm,2.0 mm) for precise cutting, trimming and shaving
- There are 6 flat guide combs (3mm/4-6mm/ 7-9mm/12mm/left ear/right ear)
- Uses a Lithium Power/USB Quick Charge: 2000mAh Li-ion Battery
- Can deliver 240 minutes of cordless use after 3 hours charge
- Can be charged using a convenient USB
- It is waterproof and washable
- The LED Display shows the remaining battery during using and charging
- Comes with a charging dock and cable, travel pouch, oil, cleaning brush, 3 combs,2 hair clips, cleaning sponge, hairdressing cape, and a spare blade
- Has a 1 Year Warranty
- 72% of all online buyers gave these a 5 star review
- Buyers said that the different heads are easily attached and removed
- Buyers liked that these clippers could be quickly rinsed under water
- Buyers liked the charging stand to charge as it could store the attachments and keep everything tidy
- Buyers said that these were very stylish and good quality
- Buyers also liked the fact that these were quiet
- Buyers liked the battery indicator
- 3% of all online buyers gave these a bad review
- A couple of buyers said it didn't cut close enough
Kemei Professional Hair Clippers Hair Trimmer for Men
90% buyer satisfaction based on 4,000+ online buyer reviews
- These clippers come with 8 blade guides, a blade guard, comb and USB charging lead
- With a 3 hour charging time you get up to 5 hours of continuous use
- They also have a taper lever and self sharpening blades all held together in an all metal housing
- An LED display keeps you up to date with charging time, remaining charge and even when the clippers need to be oiled
- They are gold plated so no need to worry about flaking or chipping