Beard Wax- UK Reviews & Buying Guide
Thanks for taking your time to read out information and reviews on the best beard waxes, that are currently available on the UK marketplace.
There are quite a few products on the UK market that help out men who want to grow healthy looking beards. Waxes are a popular choice for many men.
These are usually made to control and shape beards. They are also used for moustaches to help style them. They are more about styling rather than sculpting though.
They are very popular in the UK with those men who prefer to sport a beard.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
What Is Beard Wax Used For?
There are a number of beard products on the UK market, and for guys with beards, a good quality balm is an important one to understand.
In its simplest form, a beard balm is simply a conditioner that you apply and then leave it to do its work. It does four main things
- Moisturises the skin underneath the beard
- Helps improve the general condition of the beard
- It helps soften the beard
- It allows you to shape your beard.
Balms will contain a variety of ingredients such a shea butter which does the softening and moisturizing job. They will also contain oils such as almond oil which helps with overall conditioning and growth.
Finally it will have something like beeswax which acts as protection for the beard and helps seal in moisture.
The average price for a good quality balm is around £13-£15, and you can pay up to £20 for one with high end ingredients. At the lower end you can pick a cheaper one up for around £10.
Top 10 Beard Wax Reviews
There are a lot of beard waxes on the UK market.
Here you will find our summary reviews of the best beard wax on the market right now. We have ranked these by the highest buyer rated first.
You will notice a number in the brackets beside each wax product name. That number is an average buyer satisfaction rating, scored out of 100%. We looked at the main websites where these are sold and made a note of their ratings left by buyers.
We then calculated the average score.
- Portobello Beard Wax (98%)
- Premium All-In-1 Beard Balm & Wax For Men (92%)
- Lemongrass Moustache Wax (90%)
- THE GOODFELLAS' SMILE Beard and Hair Balm Wax (90%)
- Badass Beard Care Beard Wax For Men (88%)
- Seven Potions Beard Wax for Men (84%)
- The Bearded Goon’s Ridiculously Strong Moustache and Beard Wax (80%)
- Premium Strong Moustache Wax (80%)
- Percy Nobleman Gentleman's Styling Wax (78%)
- Honest Amish Original Beard Wax (78%)
1. Portobello Beard Wax
- 99% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- This wax is hand made
- It is natural and not scented
- Softens the beard and allows you to style and protect
- Made in the United Kingdom
- Conforms to EU Cosmetics Regulations
2. Premium All-In-1 Beard Balm & Wax For Men
- 90% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review and is a big seller online
- A huge best seller online
- This is a balm and wax that thickens the hair, moisturises, and treats split ends
- Reduces beard itch and flaking
- Coverage for up to 12 hours
3. Lemongrass Moustache Wax
- 61% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- This is a strong moustache wax to give you ultimate control
- Helps tame unruly tache & beard facial hair
- Easy to use and convenient to carry around in pocket
- Has a nice Lemongrass scent
4. THE GOODFELLAS' SMILE Beard and Hair Balm Wax
- 61% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Made in Italy
- This is a water-based paste that does not need to be worked between the hands
- The finish is opaque and invisible
- Can be used on both wet and dry (but preferably dry) hair
- Lasts all day
- Used in salons and barbershops
5. Badass Beard Care Beard Wax For Men
- 71% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Has a sweet citrus scent
- Made in the USA by bearded Veterans
- Helps tame fly away hairs
- Softens the beard and creates a thicker appearance
6. Seven Potions Beard Wax for Men
- 65% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Shapes your beard and moustache without making it look stiff
- Scented with natural essential oils
- No animal testing
- Free from parabens, silicone, colours, and synthetic fragrances
- Made in England
7. The Bearded Goon’s Ridiculously Strong Moustache and Beard Wax
- 57% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- This wax helps tame unruly hairs
- This is a strong, natural wax that won't leave your face feeling sticky or clumpy
- Great for styling
- Made with natural oils and beeswax
8. Premium Strong Moustache Wax
- 55% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- This is a strong moustache wax for strong control
- Keeps hairs waterproof to prevent food and drink interfering with your beard
- Tames unruly facial hair
- Made in the UK
- Unscented so as not to interfere with your after shave or cologne.
9. Percy Nobleman Gentleman's Styling Wax
- 50% of all buyers gave this oil a 5 star review
- This is a multi-purpose wax for beard & hair
- Gives a strong hold
- Pocket sized tin for easy on-the-go application
- Lightly scented with Bergamont Oranges
10. Honest Amish Original Beard Wax
- 58% of all buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Has a licorice/anise scent
- A wax with strong control
- Popular wax for many people but more expensive than most
Beard Wax Buyer's Guide
We always like to write a full buyer's guide, which we believe is especially helpful for any new buyer. Beard waxes can get complex so we have tried to make sense of the features below.
Beard Wax vs Beard Balms vs Beard Butters
Is there really that much of a difference between waxes, balms and butters? The truth is there is not a great deal of difference at all, though there are some minor ones, which we think are worth knowing.
In the actual beard wax products, different waxes are used by different manufacturers. These include:
- Candelilia Wax
- Jojoba wax
- Beard balm - this is a conditioner that is primarily used to style your beard. Beard balm is a mixture of both oil and butter. Balms are best used on beards shorter than 4 inches or on longer beards to get a strong hold
- Beard wax - this wax is useful for controlling rugged whiskers and controlling fly away hair and for styling your beard Beard Wax is much harder than balm and as such is used to style the beard.
Beard butters don't really sell that much in the UK. They are very similar to waxes and balms and they simply have a higher concentration of butter.
Beard Wax vs Beard Oil
Beard oils are still the most popular choice to have and maintain a healthy beard. The wax is more about styling the beard and that is the key difference.
- Meadow foam seed oil
- Black seed oil
- Coconut oil
- Palm oil
- Peach kernel oil
What Butters Are Used in Beard Wax?
Different butters are used by different manufacturers. These include:
- Shea butter
- Cocoa butter
- Avocado butter
Hopefully we have explained the difference between the many beard products that are available on the UK market.