Best Beard Comb - UK Reviews & Buying Guide
Thanks for taking your time to read out information and reviews on the best beard combs, that are currently available on the UK marketplace.
When you start to grow a beard, over a few days to weeks, then the end goal is to have a length that you like, a style you like and hopefully a colour that you like.
One thing is certain that you will need some type of comb. The good news is that these are pretty cheap, so keeping you beard well groomed will not cost you the earth.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
What is a Beard Comb Used For?
If used on a daily basis, then a comb can make sure that the hair grows straight and in one direction. It is all about creating the right look.
If you can get all the hair on your beard going in the right direction, then it will just look a great deal better, and believe it or not, helps the hairs grow quicker.
Top 10 Beard Combs
There are a lot of this type of comb on the market. Aside from the shape of those, the other main difference is what they are made from. Most are wooden, but you will also find hard plastic and metal options.
The more important thing is the teeth, and the spaces between the teeth. Some have very fine teeth, and others have larger spaces between them. Most of these combs are double sided, so fine teeth on one side and wider teeth on the other.
Here you will find our summary reviews of the best beard combs. We have ranked these by the highest buyer rated first.
You will notice a number in the brackets beside each comb product name. That number is an average buyer satisfaction rating, scored out of 100%. We looked at the main websites where these are sold and made a note of their ratings left by buyers.
We then calculated the average score.
- Beard Comb by L’Essentielle Hair (98%)
- Premium Wooden Beard Comb (98%)
- EQLEF® Beard wooden comb (92%)
- H&S Wooden Beard Comb Anti Static Moustache Pocket Comb (92%)
- Metal Hair&Beard Comb - AhfuLife® EDC Credit Card Size Comb (92%)
- Well Groomed Wizard Wooden Beard Comb for Men (90%)
- Beard Comb Wooden Gift Set (90%)
- Beard Comb - Gentlemans Face Care Club (88%)
- BFWood Beard & Moustache Pocket Comb (86%)
- Kent Handmade Fine Toothed Moustache and Beard Comb for Men (82%)
1. Beard Comb by L’Essentielle Hair Pocket Size
- This comb is made from natural peach wood
- It is anti-static and snag free to the beard or hair.
- A good choice for both wet and dry beards
- It is a pocket size design.
2. Premium Wooden Beard Comb
- This beard comb is made from high quality Verawood
- This is a tough comb that won't break or crack with everyday normal use
- It is pocket sized
- It is anti-static
- The company offers a money back guarantee- they state if you don't love your comb, you will receive a full refund
3. EQLEF® Beard wooden comb
- This beard comb is made of 100% high quality natural green sandalwood
- It is hand crafted and polished
- This is a double sided comb for the best grooming experience
- It is also anti static
- Works for all beard types long, short, thick or thin with it's fine and coarse teeth.
- Comes in a custom-made box
4. H&S Wooden Beard Comb Anti Static Moustache Pocket Comb
- The beard comb is made of high quality solid wood
- It is a double sided comb, to help with knots
- It is anti-static and tangle free
- The beard comb is small enough to take anywhere, but you’ll like its grip and how it fits into your hand
5. Metal Hair&Beard Comb
- This is a metal beard comb made from high quality stainless steel material
- Lasts much longer than plastic and wood combs
- It is credit card sized so will fit in your wallet
- It is anti-static
- The manufacturer states that if your AhfuLife comb arrives broken, they will send you a new one or a refund immediately
- AhfuLife products are backed by a 100% Money Back Guarantee
6. Well Groomed Wizard Wooden Beard Comb for Men
- This is a pocket sized beard grooming comb
- It is suitable for fine and thick hair with two types beard comb teeth, fine and wide
- This is a wooden beard comb that provides anti-static, tangle free, moustache and beard care
- Made from pear wood
- The manufacturer offers a 00% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back
- It comes in a Well Groomed Wizard box
7. Beard Comb Wooden Gift Set
- This is a two sided comb and one side has fine teeth which is designed to really comb and your beard
- The other side has teeth in standard size which is more suitable for styling your beard.
- The beard comb is made of high-quality sandalwood
- Comes with a leather case
- The comb fits conveniently in your hand
- Comes with a 100% Satisfaction guarantee
8. Beard Comb - Gentlemans Face Care Club Wooden Comb
- This is a pocket sized beard comb
- Made from Pear wood, so it won’t ever snap or break
- The wide teeth make it easy to smooth through even the wildest of beards
9.BFWood Beard & Moustache Pocket Comb
- This is a double sided comb with wide teeth on one side and fine teeth on the other
- It is pocket sized
- It is made from sandalwood
- A very popular choice
10. Kent Handmade Fine Toothed Moustache and Beard Comb
- This is a hand made beard comb
- It is made from 100 percent cellulose acetate
- Offers gentle and non-scratch treatment of the hair and scalp
- The teeth are rounded to ensure a smooth and comfortable action
- Ideal for wet and thick hair
Beard Comb Buyer's Guide
We always like to write a full buyer's guide, which we believe is especially helpful for any new buyer. There really is not that much to know about a beard comb. That said you may as well know all there is to know.
Fine Teeth vs Wider Teeth
For softer and thinner bears is it is best to use a fine tooth comb
For thicker and longer beards a comb with wider teeth is a better choice.
Beard Comb Materials
There are only three choices available:
Most of these are hand made from natural woods and they do look the best in our opinion. Woods such as pear, peach, vera and sandalwood are the most popular. Most of these will last for years to come.
We think it is worth pointing out that some combs will actually be made by hand. This is a craft and takes a great deal more time. However, it does make your comb unique, and great care is taken to ensure that everything is smooth, including the all important teeth
Those people who take the time to hand cut a comb will almost always use better classes of wood.
Most wooden combs though are factory produced, and are pressed out of wood by a machine. It is called pressing or stamping, and these are churned out in a factory line.
There isn't anything wrong with that of course, and it certainly helps keep the price down.
Here at the Emporium we are not big fans of these, but some of them do look very good. They are easier to clean, but that is the only real benefit of picking one of these.
They tend to hold some level of static, and that can cause frays or fuzz with some beards.
Some men simply prefer the look of metal, and one thing is sure, they are certainly made to last forever. The biggest issue is that unless great care is taken during the manufacturing process, the teeth are not fully rounded and can be quite sharp.
Likewise the small gaps between the teeth can be left with sharp edges.
When it comes to hair combs and brushes, static can be a problem. If you have ever run a comb or brush through your hair, and noticed the hair sticking up, out or a light crack, than that is caused by static electricity.
This small electric charge is caused by the friction of a material in contact with the hair. Some materials such as metal are more prone to this as they are classed as electrical conductors.
Wooden combs are not, and as such these are a better choice to reduce the amount of static caused by friction.
Beard Comb Size
Almost every comb is credit card sized. That appears to be the most popular choice as they can fit easily inside a pocket.
Some guys will prefer a folding beard comb.