Thanks for taking your time to read our UK review on the Philips Lumea Prestige. This is an IPL cordless hair removal device that can be used to remove hair from the face, the body and for doing bikini lines and under your arms.
In this review we have summarised how buyers rate this product, and we have also summarised what buyers have to say about this product.
We think that is very important information as it has been given by online buyers, who have bought the product, used the product, and then taken their valuable time to leave their thoughts on the product.
Buyers also leave useful information about what they liked about the product, and what they didn't like.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
- The Philips Lumea Prestige can be used to treat the face, body and bikini areas.
- There is an average 92% hair reduction after 3 treatments
- You get 3 attachments, one for the face, one for the body and a bikini line tool
- It is cordless (15 minutes use)
- Comes with a pouch
- It offers long-lasting hair removal safely, in your home
- A sensor measures your skin tone and indicates the optimal setting for you
- 100 percent satisfaction or your money back with the manufacturer's 100 day money back guarantee
Who Buys the Philips Prestige IPL?
Many women throughout the UK want to get rid of hair on certain areas of their bodies. Medical laser treatments are the best way of doing that, but they have two main problems:
- They are very expensive and usually priced as individual treatments
- Someone else has to do the laser treatment
High costs are one thing and many people simply can not afford the treatments. These treatments usually involve a few sessions, so you need to make and then attend appointments which last only a few minutes each time.
Secondly there is the issue of privacy. Some women don't mind allowing someone else doing this treatment, but many women are shy, or simply too embarrassed to go through any intimate hair removal.
The IPL option, although not cheap, soon pays for itself. You can also do the treatments at a time that suits you best. You also do the treatment yourself so you have the ultimate privacy.
You may already be familiar with IPL technology. Just in case you are not, we have taken a few lines here to fully explain it. IPL stands for "Intense Pulsed Light." This means the device uses warm and gentle light to break the natural cycle of hair growth.
It basically puts the hair to sleep. The great news is that it is pain free as it aims pulses of light at the roots of the hairs. After several treatments the hair will stop growing.
You may hear people stating that this is permanent hair removal but it isn't. On average the hair will not grow back for about 6 months.
A typical 12 treatment period will reduce hair by about 78% on your legs, and around 64-65% under your arms and the bikini line. Hopefully that explains just how effective IPL devices like this Philips Lumea can be.
Philips Lumea Prestige is effective on a wide range of hair and skin types. It works on naturally dark blonde, brown and black hair and on skin tones from very white to dark brown.
IPL hair removal devices cannot be used to treat white, grey, light blonde or red hair and is not suitable for very dark skin.
Our Summary Ratings
Just below we have highlighted our ratings, based on customer feedback for the three most important issues regarding this product.
Value for Money
Ease of Use
- Value for Money - the device is very good and it works, but this is till not a cheap buy
- Ease of Use - the basics are pretty simple but it takes some time and patience to learn how to use the different parts
- Overall Buyer Satisfaction - An 86% buyer satisfaction rating is considered to be very good and there are also few complaints.
The graph above shows that:
- 4% of all buyers scored this with a 0-20% satisfaction rating
- 5% of all buyers scored this with a 221-40% satisfaction rating
- 3% of all buyers scored this with a 41-60% satisfaction rating
- 5% of all buyers scored this with a 61-80% satisfaction rating
- 11% of all buyers scored this with a 81-90% satisfaction rating
- 71% of all buyers scored this with a 91-100% satisfaction rating
What Buyers Liked About the Philips Lumea Prestige
- Many buyers were impressed with the results over time.
- Buyers like the fact that you can use this on a regular basis and at a time that suits you the best
- Buyers say that it does take time but worth it in the long term
What Buyers Didn't Like
- Buyers with light brown or darker skin said this product was ineffective
- Some buyers said it didn't make a jot of difference after several uses
- A few buyers received a faulty product or it had been damaged in the post
Key Features and Benefits
Feature 1 - Pain Free Hair Removal
Is there really a pain free way of removing hair.? Most women know that there is going to be an element of pain, and none of it is pleasant. Some are better than others of course.
So is IPL really pain free?
The problem with most hair removal is that it comes with some level of pain.
If you have used an epilator or waxing, then you know what we mean.
Likewise even shaving can result in some nicks and cuts.
IPL on the other hand is pain free. You "may" experience a warm feeling or a prickly feeling which quickly disappears, but there is no pain!
Feature 2 - Long Term Hair Removal
When hair is removed then as you know the natural process of the body is to make the hair regrow. Depending on the hair removal process you use, that can last from a few days to a few weeks.
Does IPL fair any better?
As explained above hair removal can be painful and does not always last that long.
The time you get hair free does depend on the method you use to remove the unwanted hair.
On average IPL hair devices remove about 92% of the hair and can last for up to 6 months.
Feature 3 - The Right Attachments
With this type of product it is important to get the right attachments for your IPL device. These are needed so as you can treat the various parts of the body that include the body, the face and under the arms.
Many devices don't come with these.
Can these be used on all parts of the body? Many IPL devices can't and you need to have the right attachments.
The Lumea Prestige comes with 3 attachments, one for the face, a body attachments and a bikini line attachment.
How to Use the Philips Lumea Prestige
Our Verdict on the Philips Lumea Prestige
We think it is important to explain that IPL is not the same as the laser treatment that you would get in a professional medical clinic.
Laser uses monochromatic laser light whereas devices like this use a wide spectrum pulse of light.
These IPl devices are designed to be used safely at home, and the offer longer term hair removal but is is NOT permanent.
Devices like this Philips Lumea Prestige are made to be used safely in the comfort and privacy of your own home. That is great for any lady who prefers their privacy, and is a much cheaper method when compared to clinical laser treatments.
This is one of the better IPL devices on the UK market that sells really well, and also gets consistent and very good online buyer ratings.