Wahl 100 Series Mains Hair Clipper Set UK Review
Thanks for taking the time to read our review on the Wahl 100 Series Mains Hair Clipper Set There are over 1,500 online buyer reviews on this particular product. That is a very good indication that this Wahl model sells really well.
These are mains operated only hair clippers so they are not cordless. That is the main reason why these are a cheaper option than many other brands of hair clippers.
They offer cutting lengths of 0.8 mm to 12 mm. The blades are made of high carbon steel which helps them stay sharp, and also to last longer.
This set comes with the clippers, various combs, scissors and lubrication Wahl oil. Overall buyers say these are quiet and easy to use.
You should be able to find this Wahl clipper set online for under £16, and it has an RRP of £19.99. You can read on to find out more information about this Wahl branded set of clippers.
These clippers are suitable for buzz cuts, crops and family haircuts. If you would like to find out more about this hair clipper set, then please read on.
The Wahl Brand
The Wahl brand was founded in 1919 by Leo J Wahl. They invented the first practical electric hair clipper. Today, they have over 1,500 employees worldwide.
Wahl is based in Sterling, Illinois, USA. Their products are sold in approximately 165 countries worldwide.
In the 1960's the company developed and produced the following products
- A unique and innovative flexible-blade electric razor
- A clipper with a vacuum hair pickup
- The first universal-type rotary motor clipper
- The first cordless/rechargeable battery-operated hair trimmer
They continued to develop a wide range of grooming products. Those included:
- The ZeeCurl, a unique, flat-barrel curling iron
- A rechargeable wand massager
- A magnifying extension mirror
- The Sterling line of professional hair clippers
- The "Stubble Device" to keep facial hair cut one to three days long
- A bikini line shaver.
In the 2000s Wahl introduced:
- The remarkable Trim N Vac - the first beard and moustache trimmer that collects the trimmings using a patented vacuum system.
- The first hair clipper to the first lithium ion powered trimmer.
Currently under Greg Wahl's leadership, the company sets its sights on Leading with Vision, a new philosophy for the 21st Century. "To maintain our leadership position in the personal care categories we serve, we must have vision. Vision to continually improve our existing products. Vision to bring new products to market which meet the wants and needs of consumers.
Vision to stay innovative and ahead of our competitors, and vision to support our customers, the retailers, with sales and marketing programs that make it easy, fun and profitable for them to sell more Wahl products. Leading with Vision means constantly being alert to new opportunities. By sharing the vision, we can make tomorrow absolutely extraordinary."
How Online Buyers Rate the Wahl 100 Series Hair Clipper Set
- On average online buyers rated this with an 82% buyer satisfaction based on over 1,500 online reviews
- 61% of all online buyers gave this set a full 5 star rating
- 12% of all online buyers gave this a bad review
The facts are that this one has sold in its thousands. Normally when that happens the review rating starts to drop as more people leave tougher reviews. That has not happened with this Wahl model, and it remains a huge best seller.
Around 12% of all buyers did give this model a low or bad review. We always like to find out why that would be the case, so we have shown that in the Pros and Cons section of this article, just below.
What Online Buyers Say About the Wahl 100 Series Set
There are usually good and bad points about most of these type of products. We here at the Shaving Emporium prefer to include both of these, so as you have a full understanding.
It is also worth pointing out that some people will always have a moan or a rant, others say it is great and give it a poor rating, and some people say it is rubbish and then rate it highly.
We try and apply a common sense approach to reading reviews. Some of them are clearly left by some strange people, but we have always found that if you look carefully enough, you get some really useful information. It is that which we have summarised below.
PROS & CONS
This information is based on what online buyers said.
Many trimmers cost around £25-50. These can be bought online for around £15-18 so keep an eye out for a bargain.
This is a good enough basic set that has enough pieces to allow you to cut your own hair or to do family haircuts.
Wahl 100 Series Specification
We have included a more detailed specification on this hair clipper set just below:
- These are mains operated hair clippers
- You have multiple cutting lengths without changing attachment combs
- Cutting lengths from 0.8 mm to 12 mm with the use of the included combs
High carbon steel blades
- Comes with an 11 piece home hair cutting kit featuring everything you need for a home haircut experience
- Includes a barber's comb, scissors, clipper oil and a cleaning brush
- Has 4 attachment combs No 1 - 3 mm, No 2 - 6 mm, No 3 - 10 mm and a No 4 - 13 mm
- Also has a taper lever where you can adjust the length of cut
Video Review of the Wahl 100 Hair Clippers
We searched YouTube for any videos on this Wahl trimmer. There were not that many, but this one will give you an idea of what you are getting. It also shows them in action which is always useful.
Our Recommendation on the Wahl 100 Series Mains Hair Clipper Set
This set of hair clippers from Wahl sells in its thousands. This is a pretty basic affordable set that gets good reviews from buyers.
There is nothing fancy with these but they appear to be durable and reliable.
This model is the number 3 best selling Wahl hair trimmer.
However, if this is not the trimmer for you can check out our top rated list of Wahl hair clippers by clicking here.
Here at the Emporium we have given this Wahl trimmer 90% in terms of value for money. There are of course many choices of hair clippers to be had, but this set has certainly stood the test of time.
There appears to be a newer version of these which is the Groomease by Wahl 100, but those are not getting very good reviews at all. Just be sure if you order this Wahl 100 set, that you get that, and not the new version.
The original hair trimmer is a basic set, but we think at the price point really good value for money.