Thanks for taking your time to read out information and reviews on the best wet and dry electric razors, that are currently available on the UK marketplace. Many men prefer the convenience of an electric shaver or razor.
These are popular for three main reasons:
- Affordability - most of these electric razors cost on average £30-£50 and last for a long time
- Convenience - they can be used as a dry shaver when you are in a hurry
- Wet Shaving - they can also be used with a soap, cream or gel when you have more time and want a better shave, and most of them can also be used to shave in the shower
So if you are in a hurry and simply want to know which the best options are, then directly below we have provided you with a top 10 list of the best electric shavers, that can be used both wet and dry, and are available on the UK market.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
Before You Buy - Top 5 Buying Tips
Just before checking out the main reviews, we have provided a few tips just below on buying an electric razor of this type, that we think will help you make the best choice.
- Buy a Known Brand - Philips, Braun and Panasonic are the best known brands for this type of wet and dry electric razor. They will always have good offers, good customer service and parts available. They also offer good solid guarantees.
- Don't spend too much - These types of razors can cost anything between £35-£200. There are many very good choices to be had in the £35-£50 range and those do an excellent job. Only look at the higher end if you are someone who likes a lot of additional features
- Deals and Bargains - Prices change regularly on these types of razor. Always keep an eye out for a bargain. Many products like this will have deals on them especially at Christmas or events like Black Friday.
- IPX Ratings and Waterproof - If you want to use one of these in the shower then it should be IPX7 rated. That means it is fully waterproof. All of the razors we have shown on the list below can be used for wet shaving, but only a few can be used in the shower
- Charge Times - Almost all electric shavers are now cordless. That means they are powered by a battery. The older styles will however take anything up to 8 hours to charge which can be a pain. The newer models, which are more expensive, only take an hour to charge. Many of those also have a quick 5 minute charge which is enough for one quick shave.
Top 10 Wet and Dry Electric Razors Main Reviews
Just below you will find concise reviews of the top 10 wet and dry razors that are available in the UK. We have listed those showing those that have got the best reviews and ratings from online buyers.
Philips Series 9000 Wet and Dry Men's Electric Shaver S9711/31
92% buyer satisfaction based on 2,000+ online buyer reviews
High precision blades
Has 8 directional heads that follow every contour of your face and neck giving you a close, comfortable shave
Customize your shave with 3 unique comfort settings tailored for you
Includes beard trimmer, travel pouch and SmartClean PLUS clean & charge system(UK 2 Pin or 3 Pin Plug)
Philips Series 3000 Wet & Dry Men’s Electric Shaver
90% buyer satisfaction based on 13,000+ online buyer reviews
Has a system that gives a comfortable shave and helps protect your skin from nicks and cuts
It has a 4 directional flex head to adjust to every curve of your face
Offers 50 minutes of cordless shaving time from a one hour charge
Shave wet or dry: 100% waterproof for use in the shower
Also has a pop-up trimmer for shaping your moustache and sideburns
Philips AquaTouch Wet & Dry Men's Electric Shaver
90% buyer satisfaction based on 4,000+ online buyer reviews
Gives a comfortable shave used wet or dry
Has a triple head system
Up to 45 minutes of shaving time – that’s around 14 shaves, after 8 hours of charging
SweetLF 3D Rechargeable IPX7 Waterproof Electric Shaver - Best Seller
88% buyer satisfaction based on 27,000+ online buyer reviews
- Buyer satisfaction rating 86%
- 71% of all buyers gave this a 5 star review
- 8% of all buyers so far have given this a bad review
- Can be used wet or dry and is IPX7 100% waterproof, so can be used with soap, cream, gel or foam
- Up to about 120 minutes shaving time for one hour charging
- This is a rotary shaver with 3 independent heads
- Has a pop-up trimmer attachment, a LCD screen to show the battery capacity, one touch open, convenient to use
Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040s Electric Shaver
88% buyer satisfaction based on 16,000+ online buyer reviews
This razor has 3 floating shaving elements that adapt to the contours of the face
Has a micro comb that captures more hair in each stroke
Gives 45 minutes of shaving with no performance loss; a five minutes quick charge is enough for one shave
Also has a pop up precision trimmer
Comes with a 2-pin EU plug, compatible with most UK 2-pin bathroom plug sockets
Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3080s Electric Shaver
88% buyer satisfaction based on 16,000+ online buyer reviews
Has three independently floating shaving elements
Has a specialised micro comb captures more hair in each stroke for a faster and gentler shave
45 minutes of shaving
5 minutes quick charge
Has a pop up precision trimmer
Philips Series 5000 Wet and Dry Men's Electric Shaver
88% buyer satisfaction based on 5,000+ online buyer reviews
20% more power with Turbo+ mode to shaver through dense stubble.
Shaver can be rinsed clean under the tap
50 minutes of cordless use after a 1 hour charge
The shaver has 5 directional flex heads
Has a battery low indicator, charging indicator, cleaning indicator, replace shaving heads indicator and travel lock indicator
Panasonic ES-RT47 3 Blade Electric Shaver Wet&Dry
88% buyer satisfaction based on 500+ online buyer reviews
Has a high-speed motor powers for thick beards with less pulling and irritation while shaving
Has Wet/dry technology
The razor has round-shaped outer foils
Has a 3 blade cutting system with 30 degrees nano-polished blades
Also has a sharp-edge five stage trimmer for more accurate grooming, ideal for moustaches or sideburns
Philips Series 7000 Wet and Dry Men's Electric Shaver
86% buyer satisfaction based on 1,000+ online buyer reviews
Has a gentle precision blade system - protects your skin while cutting highly close on long, short and flat-lying hairs
Has flex heads that move in five directions to follow every curve of your face and neck
You can enjoy a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave with gel or foam
Also has a precision trimmer for moustache and sideburn trimming
How to Use a Wet/Dry Electric Razor
Using this type of a shaver as a dry shaver is pretty straightforward. Rotary shavers should be applied to the face using circular movements. Foil shavers should be used but using straight movements such as up or down, or from side to side.
Like any type of wet shaving, the secret to getting a good shave is all about preparation. These wet and dry razors are easy enough to use and on average the manufacturers claim that you get about 40-60 minutes of shaving time between charges.
For a wet shave we would recommend making sure that the razor has a full charge. The perfect time to wet shave with one of these is just after a shower. That is because the steam in the shower will have done a great job at loosening the hairs on the face.
Step 1 - Prepare the Face
Ideally the best time to shave is just after the shower as explained above. Otherwise the face or area being shaved should be washed with hot water.
Ideally a hot towel should be used to soak the beard, but we also understand that not everyone will have the time to do that. If you do great, and if not, then make sure it is well soaked.
Step 2 - Use a Quality Soap, Cream or Gel
Creams, gels and foams can be applied by hand if you don't have a shaving brush.
Step 3 - Use the electric razor
Most cartridge razors have heads that move and that allows the razor to deal with the many contours on the face. They also have multiple blades, usually 5 or 6, that try to capture the hair on the face with a single stroke.
Many also have a strip with Aloe Vera to help soothe sensitive skin. Keep the strokes short and try only to make one pass to avoid unnecessary skin irritation and skin bumps.
If it is a rotary razor, then make slow circular strokes. With foil shavers either go straight up and down, or go from side to side in straight lines.
Step 4 - Shave with the Grain
When using a safety or disposable razor, it is important to shave with the grain, or in other words, the direction the hair grows in. With an electric shaver that is not important to do. That is because the cutting style of electric shavers is different to shaving with an exposed blade.
We recommend starting with the cheeks first, then the neck and finally finish off with the chin and the mouth.
Step 5 - Apply Moisturiser
When finished wash you face with cold water to close the pores in the skin. Then apply a balm, post shave cream or moisturiser before applying any after shave.
Hopefully you have found the above information on wet and dry electric shavers useful and known a little bit more about what types are available. As you can see Philips, Braun and Panasonic dominate the UK market for this type of electric wet and dry shaver.