Best Stubble Trimmer- UK Reviews & Buying Guide
Thanks for taking your time to read out information and reviews on the best stubble trimmers, that are currently available on the UK marketplace.
Most men will use a beard trimmer for their shaving needs and to keep a neat looking beard. However some men like to grow various thicknesses of stubble from a light shadow on their face and at the other end, short and neat looking beards.
If you are one of those people, then a stubble trimmer is a very good choice. So an electric shaver is used to give a close shave, and a beard trimmer is used to tame and trim beards.
Stubble trimmers sit right in the middle of that. The good news though is that as well as creating a great stubble look, they can easily double up as a good quality beard trimmer.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
What is a Stubble Trimmer Used For?
We explained the key purpose of a stubble trimmer in the introductory paragraph. We have found that these are really useful as they are a lot more versatile than a beard trimmer.
They can be used for almost any type of facial hair appearance with the exception of a very close shave.
Top 10 Stubble Trimmers (UK)
There are around 40 different models of stubble trimmer available on the UK market. They are made by both Philips, Wahl and BaByliss as the main manufacturers and they are constantly improving these types of trimmers.
There are a few cheaper brands that are not that well known, and the reality is that any of those that we looked at get really bad reviews from online buyers.
Here you will find our summary reviews of the best stubble trimmers. We have ranked these by the highest buyer rated first.
You will notice a number in the brackets beside each trimmer product name. That number is an average buyer satisfaction rating, scored out of 100%. We looked at the main websites where these are sold and made a note of their ratings left by buyers.
We then calculated the average score.
- Wahl Stubble Pro Lithium Cordless Stubble Trimmer (94%)
- Philips Series 5000 Beard and Stubble Trimmer (88%)
- Philips Series 5000 Beard and Stubble Trimmer (84%)
- Wahl Beard and Stubble Trimmer (84%)
- BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (84%)
- BaByliss MEN Japanese Steel Stubble and Beard Trimmer (82%)
- Philips Series 9000 Laser Guided Beard & Stubble Trimmer (82%)
- Philips Series 3000 Beard & Stubble Trimmer (80%)
- Wahl Aqua Blade Beard and Stubble Trimmer (80%)
- BaByliss for Men Super Stubble XTP Beard Trimmer (78%)
1. Wahl Stubble Pro Lithium Cordless Trimmer
- This stubble trimmer gives you up to 150 minutes cordless run time from only a 1 hour charge
- You get up to 2 months use on a single full charge
- A 1 minute charge gives you 3 minutes of use
- Uses high precision blades with very fine precision teeth
- Comes with a wide range of guide combs
- The blade snaps on and off for thorough cleaning
2. Philips Series 5000 Beard and Stubble Trimmer Model No. BT5200/13
- This model sells very well online
- 60 minutes run time of cordless use after a 1 hour charge
- Uses an innovative lift-and-trim system that guides the hair towards the blade
- Has double sharpened full metal blades
- Gives an even trim at any length with the adjustable zoom wheel with 17 lock-in length settings, from 0.4 to 10 mm
- 100% waterproof
3. Philips Series 5000 Beard and Stubble Trimmer Model No BT5502/13
- Like the model above this also has an enhanced lift and trim system that lifts low-lying hairs and guides them towards the sharp metal blades
- Has self sharpening full metal blades with rounded blade tips
- Has a zoom wheel to adjust between 40 lock-in length settings ranging from 0.4 mm - 20 mm
- Can be used corded or cordless and a 1 hour charge delivers 90 minutes of cordless use
- 100% Percent waterproof
- 100 Percent satisfaction or your money back with 90 days money back guarantee
4. Wahl Beard and Stubble Trimmer
- Gives 2 hours cordless run time from only a 60 minute charge
- Can deliver up to 3 months use from a single charge
- Has precision ground metal blades
- Has a 1 minute quick charge that will give you 3 minutes continual use
- Comes with a range of different sized combs
5. BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble
- This stubble trimmer can be used corded or cordless
- Has a precise dial control to choose lengths 0.5-15 mm
- In total there are 30 cutting lengths to create short stubble or longer beards
- Has a removable comb guide for shaping and edging
- Also has a washable head for easy cleaning
6. BaByliss MEN Japanese Steel Stubble and Beard Trimmer
- This stubble trimmer can deliver up to 120 minutes of long-lasting cordless use
- It has a skin friendly comb guide that lifts and trims hair for an even result
- There are 23 cutting lengths from 0.5-12 mm
- Comes with a hard fabric travel case for all grooming essentials
7. Philips Series 9000 Laser Guided Beard & Stubble Trimmer
- This stubble trimmer uses an exclusive laser guidance system that uses a red line of light to get a symmetrical trim
- The blades are double-sharpened and made from stainless steel
- Uses an innovative lift-and-trim system
- Uses a zoom wheel to select and lock in the length you want, from 0.4 to 7 mm with a precision of 0.2 mm
- Gives 70 minutes run time of cordless use after a 1 hour charge
- 100% waterproof
8. Philips Series 3000 Beard & Stubble Trimmer Model No BT3206/13
- Uses an innovative lift and trim system
- Has self sharpening stainless steel blades with rounded blade tips
- Uses an adjustable zoom wheel with 10 lock-in length settings, from 0.5 to 10 mm
- Gives 45 minutes run time of cordless use or can be used corded
9. Wahl Aqua Blade Beard and Stubble Trimmer
- This stubble trimmer has 12 guide combs that provide cutting lengths from 0.2-25 mm
- Comes with a limited lifetime blade warranty
- Suitable for wet/dry use and easy to clean
- They give 180 minutes of cordless trimming from a full 60 minute charge
10. BaByliss for Men Super Stubble XTP Beard Trimmer
- This trimmer uses contoured head tracks that follow the curves of your face
- Uses a skin friendly comb and precision blades for smooth cutting
- Has a motorised length control for ultra-precise stubble to a perfect beard (0.4mm-5mm)
- 100% waterproof
- An 80 minute full charge gives extended 70 minute cutting power for cordless use
Stubble Trimmer Buyer's Guide
We always like to write a full buyer's guide, which we believe is especially helpful for any new buyer. There are a few important features to understand when buying a stubble trimmer, and we have included those below.
Not every guy will want the same length of stubble, so it is important to have a wide range of adjustments on your trimmer.
This can either be done by a set of combs which you attach to the trimmer, or more commonly with a wheel that is located on the trimmer.
With the wheel type you simply make the adjustment on the wheel, and it then relocated the blades on the trimmer to the required length.
Almost all stubble trimmers have a fairly wide range from around half a millimetre up to about 10-12 mm. depending on the model you buy.
Battery Life and Charging Time
The vast majority of stubble trimmers are cordless. They will run off a Lithium-Ion battery which charges pretty quickly and can last for a very long time when fully charged.
There are also many models with a fast charge. As an example charge for 1 minute to get 3 minutes of use. These can be handy if you are in a hurry for wok and the battery has gone flat.
Just be aware that some of the older models have longer charge times of around 8 hours to get a full charge. They will be cheaper though if waiting doesn't bother you.
Corded and Cordless
There are a few models that can be used when plugged in, and also be used as a cordless option. The corded option is handy for around the home as you don't have to worry about the battery running out.
It can also be used cordless which may be handy when traveling.