Best Beard Brush- UK Reviews & Buying Guide
Thanks for taking your time to read out information and reviews on the best beard brushes, that are currently available on the UK marketplace.
When you start to grow out your beard, then it is important to groom it properly so as it looks as good as it can be. Some men like to use a beard comb to do that, whereas other men prefer a brush.
It really depends on what type of beard you want to grow, and also on which item you prefer. In the early days of growth it is best to use a brush, and then change over to a comb when the beard gets longer and thicker.
Using a brush in the early stages of beard growth ensures that the beard is soft and has plenty of life as it develops. Brushes help immensely in preventing beard itch, and removing dead skin cells.
In simple terms, by using a brush, you give your beard the best chance of a healthy growth from the outset.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
What is a Beard Brush Used For?
If used on a regular basis, then a brush helps keep the hair soft. It will also have a big impact on the shine, as a slightly tougher beard brush, helps spread an oil called "sebum" across the beard and the bristles.
Sebum is a natural oil produced under the skin, and the brush merely helps spread this around the hair follicles on your beard, which are densely packed.
Top 10 Beard Brushes
There are a lot of brushes on the UK market. Aside from the shape, the other main differences is what they are made from, and what type of hair is used to make the bristles on the brush.
Most are wooden, with natural boar hair. Some have a long wooden handle and others have the bristles underneath a top which fits into the palm of the hand. It is a matter of personal preference which style you prefer.
Here you will find our summary reviews of the best beard brushes. We have ranked these by the highest buyer rated first.
You will notice a number in the brackets beside each brush product name. That number is an average buyer satisfaction rating, scored out of 100%. We looked at the main websites where these are sold and made a note of their ratings left by buyers.
We then calculated the average score.
- ZilberHaar Beard Brush (98%)
- Seven Potions Boar Bristle Beard Brush For Men (96%)
- Mission Beard Grooming Co. - 100% Boar Bristle Beard Brush (96%)
- Beard Brush by Percy Nobleman (94%)
- EARDED BEN Beard Brush (92%)
- Rovtop 3 in 1 Men Beard Care Kit (92%)
- BFWood Beard Brush for Men (92%)
- Wolf & Bjorn Beard Brush (88%)
- TROP Mr. Dan Beard brush (86%)
- Gainwell Natural Boar Bristle Beard Brush (86%)
1. ZilberHaar Beard Brush - Pure Boar Bristle
- This brush is made from 100% genuine boar hair, that deliver the right stiffness for a beard
- Has a solid wooden handle using pear wood with an excellent grip
- Makes a great gift for any man with a beard of course
- The manufacturer states that if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, just let them know, and they will refund your money. This guarantee is for LIFE!
2. Seven Potions Boar Bristle Beard Brush For Men
- This beard brush is made of 100% first-cut boar bristles
- The handle is an an oval pear wood body, designed to fit neatly into the palm of your hand for easy grooming and combing
- The natural boar keeps your beard and moustache soft and health and gets rid of beard dandruff
- Made in England
3. Mission Beard Grooming Co. - 100% Boar Bristle Beard Brush & Comb Kit
- This is a beard grooming kit with an excellent boar hair brush
- Comes with a wooden beard comb
- They also offer a 100% money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied
4. Beard Brush by Percy Nobleman
- Beard Brush made from oiled Austrian Pear wood &with wild boar bristles
- A good choice for unruly, tangled beards
- This brush is built to last and gets great reviews online
5. BEARDED BEN Beard Brush with 100% Natural Boar bristles
- Made from 100% genuine, high-quality wild boar's bristles
- Has a very good looking lacquered lotus wooden handle
- Comes in a metal storage container
- Good choice for traveling
6. Rovtop 3 in 1 Men Beard Care Kit Mustache Grooming Trimming Set
- This Rovtop beard brush is made from 100% Wild Boar Bristles
- Comes with a beard comb
- Handy size, portable and durable and ideal for travel
7. BFWood Beard Brush for Men
- This one has also got boar bristles that never scratch your skin and are still firm enough to evenly distribute balm or moustache wax
- Perfect size for travelling and it comes with a small travel case
- Solid bamboo with natural texture.
- Stainless steel holder.
8. WOLF & BJÖRN Beard Brush
- This one also uses boar hair with a long wooden handle.
- The boar bristles help stimulate beard growth, massage your scalp and soften the beard
- Also helps to remove dead skin
- Designed to fit every hand
- Comes with a travel bag
9. TROP Mr. Dan Beard brush
- This brush has five rows of 100% pure boar bristles
- This has an oval grip and is made of very high quality Shima Superba wood
- This is a nice size at 8.5 x 3.5 x 2.3 cm - a good size for both home and travel
10. Gainwell Natural Boar Bristle Beard Brush
- Last but not least this one is also a 100% natural boar bristle
- The bristles on this sturdy brush are evenly distributed
- Comes in a nice gift box
Beard Brush Buyer's Guide
We always like to write a full buyer's guide, which we believe is especially helpful for any new buyer. There really is not that much to know about a beard brush. That said you may as well know all there is to know.
As you may have noticed from our top 10 list all the brushes are made from boar hair. That is also a popular choice for many shaving brushes.
The reason for that is that boar hair is soft enough to use as a brushing tool, but is also stiff enough to help exfoliate the skin underneath the beard. That helps remove dead skin cells, and that helps prevent both itchiness and beard dandruff.
You may find the odd brush made of horse hair, but these are not that popular of a choice.
Beard Brush Materials
Almost all brushes are made of some type of wood. There are a few plastic handle beard brushes around, and they are slightly cheaper, but the don't really sell that well.
Beard Brush Shapes
If you look closely at our list you will have noticed that there are a few traditional looking brushes. In other words they have a long handle with bristles at one end, very much in the style of a normal hairbrush.
The more popular choices are the oval shaped brushes, or the round brushes where the handle is designed to fit into the hand.