Beard Balm Buying Guide
Thanks for taking your time to read out information and reviews on the best beard balms, that are currently available on the UK marketplace.
There are quite a few products on the UK market that help out men who want to grow healthy looking beards. A good quality balm allows you to shape and style your beard easily.
In addition to that, balms also add moisture and help the beard to grow. The name balm is associated with soothing, and essentially this is what it helps to do with your beard growth.
As well as that, it allows you to tame and control your beard, and deal with any unruly breads, so putting you in charge instead of the curly hairs.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
What Is Beard Balm Used For?
There are a number of beard products on the UK market, and for guys with beards, a good quality balm is an important one to understand.
In its simplest form, a beard balm is simply a conditioner that you apply and then leave it to do its work. It does four main things
- Moisturises the skin underneath the beard
- Helps improve the general condition of the beard
- It helps soften the beard
- It allows you to shape your beard.
Balms will contain a variety of ingredients such a shea butter which does the softening and moisturizing job. They will also contain oils such as almond oil which helps with overall conditioning and growth.
Finally it will have something like beeswax which acts as protection for the beard and helps seal in moisture.
The average price for a good quality balm is around £13-£15, and you can pay up to £20 for one with high end ingredients. At the lower end you can pick a cheaper one up for around £10.
Top 10 Beard Balm Reviews
There are a lot of balms on the UK market.
Here you will find our summary reviews of the best beard balms on the market right now. We have ranked these by the highest buyer rated first.
You will notice a number in the brackets beside each balm product name. That number is an average buyer satisfaction rating, scored out of 100%. We looked at the main websites where these are sold and made a note of their ratings left by buyers.
We then calculated the average score.
- Honest Amish Beard Balm (90%)
- Mo Bros Beard Balm Collection (90%)
- The B.I.G. Company - Beard Balm (90%)
- Gentleman's Face Care Club Beard Balm (90%)
- Prophet Premium All in 1 Beard Balm and Wax (90%)
- Seven Potions Beard Balm for Men (88%)
- Uppercut Deluxe Control, Shine Beard Balm (88%)
- BFWood Sandalwood Scent Beard Balm for Men (88%)
Honest Amish Beard Balm
90% buyer satisfaction based on 26,000+ online buyer reviews
- 71% of all buyers gave this oil a 5 star review
- This is by a very long distance the best selling beard balm available on the UK market
- This balm is made in America
- Does not contain alcohol
- Helps prevent itch
- Only use a small amount
Mo Bros Beard Balm Collection
90% buyer satisfaction based on 500+ online buyer reviews
- 74% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review and is a big seller online
- Contains natural ingredients shea butter, sweet almond oil and beeswax to improve the appearance of your beard
- Classed as a medium hold strength balm
- Over time helps develop a softer, thicker looking beard
- Available in different scents Vanilla Mango, Sweet Mint, Cedarwood, Unscented, Summer Spice and Orange Bergamot
- Comes in an attractive metal tin
The B.I.G. Company - Beard Balm
86% buyer satisfaction based on 900+ online buyer reviews
- 62% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Made to keep your stray hairs down while keeping your beard feeling soft and manageable
- It has a really nice spice scent
- It is not greasy or sticky according to buyers
- Many online buyers said it almost instantly relieved the itchy feeling they had and allowed them to make much better styles
- Buyers did say you need to warm this slightly in your hands to get the best results when using it
Gentleman's Face Care Club Beard Balm
88% buyer satisfaction based on 1,200+ online buyer reviews
- 76% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Made to prevent beard itch and soften the beard
- Has a background scent of sweet Sandalwood
- Helps reduce split ends and remove knots
- Great for boosting beard volume
- Made in the UK
- Many buyers mentioned that a little does go a very long way, and that using too much can make your beard look and feel greasy
Prophet Premium All in 1 Beard Balm and Wax
88% buyer satisfaction based on 400+ online buyer reviews
- 75% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- Buyers say this helped them restore and mould their beards into shape
- This is a white balm and suitable for all beard colours
- It is not greasy and absorbs quickly
- 100% organic, 0% Alcohol, and Animal Cruelty-free
- Buyers really seemed to like the mild scent, and that a little balm went a very long way
- It has a mild hold so doesn't overdo the natural feel and look that a beard should have
Seven Potions Beard Balm for Men
88% buyer satisfaction based on 500+ online buyer reviews
- 70% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- This is classed as a premium beard balm
- It is a conditioner and softener that helps tame unruly hairs
- It is natural and organic and non greasy
- There is no animal testing
- Contains coconut oil, palm oil, jojoba wax, peach kernel oil, cocoa butter, avocado butter, vitamin E, cedarwood and sandalwood
Uppercut Deluxe Control, Shine Beard Balm
90% buyer satisfaction based on 600+ online buyer reviews
- 73% of online buyers gave this a 5 star review
- This balm helps keep your beard in shape
- It also stops fly away hair
- Gives a light control and shine
- It is not greasy with a light coconut fragrance
BFWood Sandalwood Scent Beard Balm for Men (Most Affordable)
88% buyer satisfaction based on 2,500+ online buyer reviews
- 64% of all buyers gave this a 5 star review
- This balm provides longer lasting control to your styling
- Good for all day use
- Has a sandalwood scent
Beard Balm Buyer's Guide
We always like to write a full buyer's guide, which we believe is especially helpful for any new buyer. Beard balms can get complex so we have tried to make sense of the features below.
What Waxes are Used in Beard Balms?
Different waxes are used by different manufacturers. These include:
- Candelilia Wax
- Jojoba wax
What Oils Are Used in Beard Balms?
- Meadow foam seed oil
- Black seed oil
- Coconut oil
- Palm oil
- Peach kernel oil
What Butters Are Used in Beard Balms?
Different butters are used by different manufacturers. These include:
- Shea butter
- Cocoa butter
- Avocado butter
What Scents Are Used in Beard Balms?
Different scents are used by different manufacturers. These include:
- Cedar wood