Thanks for taking your time to read our review of the popular Philips Series 9000 Wet & Dry Men's Electric Shaver with the model number S9531/26.
This is one of the more expensive shavers in the high end Philip's range, but it does come with all the latest features. We do understand that the price point will put many buyers off, but you do get a lot of shaver for your money.
The 9000 range is Philip's latest range of razors, and in that range they currently have 6 models. The S9531/26 is one of the most advanced, and we think and one of the better choices, so it is worth having a closer look at, which is why we have written this review.
The manufacturer claims that is cuts up to 20% more hair in a single pass, and also cuts hairs closer than ever before. It also comes with three settings of sensitive, normal and fast.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
How Do Buyers Rate the S9531/26 Razor?
Just below you will see our overall buyer satisfaction rating. This number refers to the average buyer satisfaction rating of the product. We calculated this rating by researching a number of online websites where this shaver is sold.
We made a note of the ratings that customers had left, and from that we worked out the average rating.
We then expressed that as a percentage number, with the maximum score being 100%. See our scale below.
- 90 -100% is an excellent review
- 80-89% is a very good review
- 70-79% is a good review
- 60-69% is a satisfactory review
- <60% is a poor review
This model scored 90% which is a very good rating
What Online Buyers Say About the S9531/26 Razor?
We now know how online buyers rated this model online, and now we want to take a closer look at what some of those buyers had to say, when they took their time to leave their review.
We have summarised those comments in the form of a pros and cons table just below.
Philips S9531/26 Specification
Some buyers like to know the full technical specification of any product before they make their final purchase. As such we have included all the technical data that we could find about this particular S9531/26 model.
- Uses what the manufacturer calls "V-Track Precision PRO Blades" - these blades are designed to position each hair in the best cutting position - that includes flat-lying hairs and hairs of different lengths
- They also claim that this cuts 30% closer in fewer strokes compared to their older style electric shavers
- The shaver also has 3 heads which can flexibly move in 8 different directions to allow the contours of the face and neck to be closely followed
- Has 3 different shaving modes; Sensitive for a gentler shave, normal for a good everyday shave and fast for a quick shave to save you some time
- It is Aquatec which means it can be used as a dry shaver or it can also be used for a wets shave if your prefer to use a soap, cream, gel or foam
- Has the Smartclean Plus system which means that this shaver cleans, dries, lubricates and charges
- It also comes with a precision trimmer and a travel pouch
- The display has a 5 level battery indicator, a battery low indicator, a cleaning indicator, a replace the shave heads indicator and a travel lock indicator
- It uses a high quality Lithium-Ion battery that uses 9 watts of power
- With a 1 hour charge you get 50 minutes of cordless use - there is also a quick 5 minute charge will give you a single shave if the battery runs out
A Little About the Philips Brand
The Philips Brand
This is a long established household brand and started way back in 1891. The company was founded by Gerard Philips and his father Frederik Philips in Eindhoven (Netherlands). In 1939 the company launched its pioneering rotary electric shaver, the Philishave.
Philips has remained fully committed to innovation. It has a focus on health and well-being. It currently has several ranges of electric shavers that include the 5000, 6000, 7000 and 9000 Series of electric shavers.
Our Verdict on the Philips S9531/26
This razor is part of the Philips 9000 series, and the 9000 is their latest and most up to date range of electric shavers. That means you should have the latest technology available in this particular range.
- This particular S9531/26 model is similar to other shavers in this 9000 Series. However you do get some extra features
- The main difference is that it comes with 3 unique comfort settings tailored for your specific needs and skin type
- You do of course get the wet/dry option and it is waterproof
- You also get the luxury travel pouch
Overall buyers really like this shaver, and it is one of the better ones in the 9000 Series of Philip's shavers. if this particular model is not the one for you, then you can check the full list of Philip's shavers by clicking here, or the 9000 Series by clicking here.
It is however worth noting that this S9531 model does get one of the highest buyer ratings in this range, so unlikely to find one with much better rating than this model.