Thanks for taking your time to read our review of the popular Philips Series 9000 Wet & Dry Men's Electric Shaver with the model number S9211/26.
This is a waterproof wet/dry electric shaver that has a precision trimmer, a smart cleaning system and comes with a charger and a UK 2 pin plug.
This is a shaver that uses a rotary system. Part of that system is 3 rotary shaving heads that also move and flex to make sure all the contours of your face and neck are equally covered.
This shaver should be moved in small circular motions. Those motions will then capture those hairs that grow in different directions, even in hard to reach places, for the very best shaving results.
The flexible heads adapt really well to the many facial contours we have. The end result is that you can end up with a clean, comfortable and close shave.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
How Do Buyers Rate the S9211/26 Razor?
Just below you will see our overall buyer satisfaction rating. This number refers to the average buyer satisfaction rating of the product. We calculated this rating by researching a number of online websites where this shaver is sold.
We made a note of the ratings that customers had left, and from that we worked out the average rating.
We then expressed that as a percentage number, with the maximum score being 100%. See our scale below.
- 90 -100% is an excellent review
- 80-89% is a very good review
- 70-79% is a good review
- 60-69% is a satisfactory review
- <60% is a poor review
This model scored 90% which is a very good rating based on around 700+ online buyer ratings
What Online Buyers Say About the S9211/26 Razor?
We now know how online buyers rated this model online, and now we want to take a closer look at what some of those buyers had to say, when they took their time to leave their review.
We have summarised those comments in the form of a pros and cons table just below.
Philips S9211/26 Specification
Some buyers like to know the full technical specification of any product before they make their final purchase. As such we have included all the technical data that we could find about this particular S9211/26 model.
- The manufacturer uses blades known as "V-Track Pro blades" which they claim cuts 30% closer cut 30% closer in less strokes (When compared to its Philips predecessor)
- The shaver has 8 directional "ContourDetect" heads that follow the contours of your face and neck - The heads are 8-directional which is very flexible
- Can be used as a dry shaver or a wet shaver - with a wet shaver you can use this shaver with a soap, gel, foam or cream
- It is 100% waterproof shaver for use in the shower
- The shaver comes with a trimmer which can be used for neat edges and for shaping your moustache and sideburns
- It also makes use of a SmartClean PLUS clean & charge system (Comes with one cleaning cartridge) - This system cleans, charges and dries your shaver and then lubricates it ready for the next use
- Has a travel pouch
- Comes with a UK 2 pin charger
- This shaver has a strong lithium-ion battery. From just a one hour charge you get 50 minutes of cordless shaving time - There is also a 5 minute quick charge which will give one full shave
A Little About the Philips Brand
The Philips Brand
This is a long established household brand and started way back in 1891. The company was founded by Gerard Philips and his father Frederik Philips in Eindhoven (Netherlands). In 1939 the company launched its pioneering rotary electric shaver, the Philishave.
Philips has remained fully committed to innovation. It has a focus on health and well-being. It currently has several ranges of electric shavers that include the 5000, 6000, 7000 and 9000 Series of electric shavers.
Our Verdict on the Philips S9211/26
This razor is part of the Philips 9000 series, and the 9000 is their latest and most up to date range of electric shavers. That means you should have the latest technology available in this particular range.
92% buyer satisfaction based on 700+ online buyer reviews
- Overall this shaver has sold fairly consistently for the Philips brand.
- There are over 700 online reviews that we could find so it shows that it sells well online
- The satisfaction rating of 90% has remained solid for quite a few months so overall buyers clearly like this razor for a close and comfortable shave.
This is one of 6 shavers in this 9000 series range. As you can see it sells well and gets pretty solid reviews. It is certainly not a cheap option, but like many shavers the price should drop over time.
The fact that it does have the latest Philip's technology means you are getting a modern, up to date high quality shaver.