Thanks for taking your time to read our review of the popular Philips Series 9000 Wet & Dry Men's Electric Shaver with the model number S9211/12.
This is a waterproof shaver so it can be used in the shower. It is officially classed as a wet/dry shaver so as such can be used for a normal dry shave, or it can be used with a soap, cream, gel or foam.
This shaver uses V-Track Pro blades which means it cuts faster and closer. It has 8 directional ContourDetect heads which means that the shaver will follow every contour of your face and neck
This shaver has a SmartClick trimmer that can be used for sideburns, and also on making nice edges.
It comes with a travel pouch , a UK 2 pin charger and a shaver manual.
For a 1 hour charge you get 50 minutes of shaving time. There is also a 5 minute quick charge that will then allow you to have one quick shave.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
How Do Buyers Rate the S9211/12 Razor?
Just below you will see our overall buyer satisfaction rating. This number refers to the average buyer satisfaction rating of the product. We calculated this rating by researching a number of online websites where this shaver is sold.
We made a note of the ratings that customers had left, and from that we worked out the average rating.
We then expressed that as a percentage number, with the maximum score being 100%. See our scale below.
- 90 -100% is an excellent review
- 80-89% is a very good review
- 70-79% is a good review
- 60-69% is a satisfactory review
- <60% is a poor review
This model scored 82% which is a very good rating
What Online Buyers Say About the S9211/12 Razor?
We now know how online buyers rated this model online, and now we want to take a closer look at what some of those buyers had to say, when they took their time to leave their review.
We have summarised those comments in the form of a pros and cons table just below.
Philips S9211/12 Specification
Some buyers like to know the full technical specification of any product before they make their final purchase. As such we have included all the technical data that we could find about this particular S9211/12 model.
- This shaver has V-Track PRO Precision Blades
- It has Aquatec technology
- It is 100% waterproof
- Can be used wet/dry
- All Philips shavers use a rotary system with independently rotating shaving heads
- Has a 5 minute quick charge option for a one-off shave
- A 1 hour charge gives 50 minutes of cordless shaving (about 16 shaves)
- Has a trimmer which is good for shaping your moustache and sideburns
- Comes with a travel pouch
- It has several indicators which are: 3 level battery indicator, battery low indicator, cleaning indicator, a replace shaving heads indicator and a travel lock indicator
- It has a 2 year guarantee
A Little About the Philips Brand
The Philips Brand
This is a long established household brand and started way back in 1891. The company was founded by Gerard Philips and his father Frederik Philips in Eindhoven (Netherlands). In 1939 the company launched its pioneering rotary electric shaver, the Philishave.
Philips has remained fully committed to innovation. It has a focus on health and well-being. It currently has several ranges of electric shavers that include the 5000, 6000, 7000 and 9000 Series of electric shavers.
Our Verdict on the Philips S9211/12
This razor is part of the Philips 9000 series, and the 9000 is their latest and most up to date range of electric shavers. That means you should have the latest technology available in this particular range.
- This electric shaver gets a good high rating from online buyers
- It sells consistently well and there are over 250 reviews to base that on
- It is one of the latest shavers in the Philip's range
- Uses a Lithium-ion battery with a 9 watt power consumption
It is supported by a 2 year guarantee. If you want to check the other shavers in the 9000 Series range then please click here. This model though is a good seller and buyers do seem to like this.