- in Wet Shaving
Best Synthetic Shaving Brush for the Money - UK Reviews & Buying Guide
Thanks for taking your time to read our information and reviews on the best synthetic shaving brushes, that are currently available on the UK marketplace.
As many of you will know there are a number of different types of shaving brushes. What differentiates them is mainly what type of hair they use. The main types are:
People who decide to buy a synthetic hair are those who don't want to use the hair of an animal. The reality is that both badger and boar hair does come from the dead animal.
Horse hair, which is starting to make a bit of a come back, is taken from the tail of the horse, so the animal itself is not killed.
Shaving brushes made from the hair of animals also does tend to have a smell, especially at the start. That does disappear over time of course, but the initial smell can be quite strong, especially from a boar brush.
The main reason that many men pick a synthetic brush, is they simply do not want to use animal hair. Synthetic are of course a vegan friendly alternative and 100% cruelty free.
There are also some men who simply prefer the feel of a synthetic brush on their skin. What some people may not realise, is that synthetic bristles are actually a lot more durable than animal hair brushes, so a synthetic brush will last most men a life time.
The general move to a shaving brush is something that men consider, when they are in the process of making the move to wet shaving, or "real shaving" as it is better known.
Shaving brushes have been around for longer than any of us have lived. Most of the guys here at the website remember their dad and their granddad using these. They are certainly considered "old school," or as we prefer to call it traditional.
Synthetic is however a more modern version of the shaving brush, as for years it was made from some type of animal hair.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews.
Top 5 Buyer Rated Synthetic Shaving Brushes
Just below, we have included our top 5 synthetic brushes. Beside each product name you will see a percentage score. That refers to the average buyer satisfaction rating. The higher this score is the better buyers rate the brush.
When we do our research, we make note of the different ratings buyers give to the product. We make a note of these and then calculate an average score.
Underneath this list you will find a review on each brush.
- Synthetic Shaving Brush By PimplePopper.co - Vegan-Friendly Shave Brush With Synthetic Bristles (96%)
- Benny's of London Luxury Synthetic Shave Brush (91%)
- Well Groomed Wizard Synthetic Badger Hair Brush with Travel Case (96%)
- Muhle Synthetic Silvertip Fibre Travel Shaving Brush (98%)
- Parker Safety Razor Synthetic Bristle Shaving Brush and Brush Stand (77%)
1. Synthetic Shaving Brush By PimplePopper.co: Vegan-Friendly Shave Brush With Synthetic Bristles
- This is a traditional looking synthetic men's badger brush
- It is made with synthetic hair, this shaving brush and is 100% cruelty-free and vegan-friendly
- The synthetic bristles hold lots of water so that is ideal for making a rich thick lather
- This brush also massages your skin and softens the beard making it easier to shave.
- The company who sells this will replace your shaving brush during the first year for free
- If during the first 30-days you realize that you're not satisfied with your purchase, they will refund you.
- 87% of all buyers gave this brush a full 5 star review
- Buyers said the brush created a really good lather very quickly
- Buyers really liked the fact that this brush did not lose any hairs
- Buyers said the handle has a nice weight
- Overall buyers said the brush holds the water and has a firm feel to it
- 1% of all buyers gave this brush a bad review.
- Those buyers said the bristles were a little to stiff for their liking
2. Benny's of London Synthetic Shaving Brush
- From the highly regarded Benny's of London brand
- This synthetic brush does not shed hairs
- Many of their customers call this particular brush, "the lather King"
- Very classic and expensive looking appearance
- A brush you can be proud to be seen with
- Comes with a travel tube
- 78% of all buyers gave this one a full 5 star review
- Many buyers bought this one as it was not made from animal hair
- Buyers said this brush is very soft and very easy to lather
- Buyers said that they have not lost a single hair out of this brush
- 7% of all buyers gave this brush a bad review
- A few buyers said the brush separated from the handle
3. Well Groomed Wizard Synthetic Badger Hair Shaving Brush
- This brush will allow you to mix up a rich lather of soap or cream
- This product has been made with synthetic hairs.
- It is an animal-free product that is vegan friendly and performs as well as the top shaving brushes on the market
- The Well Groomed Wizard brand promise that if you are not satisfied with your brush then they will do what they can to resolve any issue you may have.
- 80% of all buyers gave this one a full 5 star review
- Buyers mainly bought this brush as it is good quality and has a travel case
- Buyers said that no hairs fall out of the brush
- No buyers so far gave this brush a bad review
- Some buyers said that it was a little firm for their preference
4. Muhle Synthetic Silvertip Fibre Travel Shaving Brush
- More expensive than most, but probably the best synthetic shaving brush on the market right now
- Perfect for home use or travel
- Packed full of Muhle's unique new generation synthetic fibres which are extremely soft, durable and fast drying
- Suitable for use with soaps and creams
- Comes in a 3-piece container which also acts as the handle for the brush
- When assembled the brush reaches a height of 130 mm, and weighs only 95 grams
- 100% of all buyers gave this one a full 5 star review
- Best looking brush on the market according to buyers
- Solid and very well made
- A very high quality product from a famous shaving brand
- No buyers gave this brush a bad review
- Expensive for most people
5. Parker Safety Razor Synthetic Bristle Shaving Brush
- Like the others on our list, this one also has synthetic bristles and contains no animal products
- It is also very fast drying so makes it ideal for home and travel
- The bristles are soft, and that is ideal if you have sensitive skin
- Makes a very good lather
- Comes with a shaving brush stand for proper drying and storage
- 58% of all buyers gave this one a full 5 star review
- Some buyers liked the fact that this was a soft brush
- The majority of buyers said it easily created a lather
- Most buyers thought the brush worked well, but some buyers said it was not as good as a badger hair brush
- 10% of all buyers gave this brush a bad review
- Some buyers said the hair clumped too much when wet
- Some buyers said it didn't hold the lather in the brush
Synthetic Shaving Brush Buyer's Guide
We always like to write a full buyer's guide, which we believe is especially helpful for any new buyer. Synthetic shaving brushes are made in exactly the same way that other types of shaving brushes are made.
Synthetic hair has improved a lot in recent years, especially when it comes to wigs and indeed shaving brushes. In some cases, if very well made, it is difficult to tell the difference.
That is simply because the density and texture are such that they feel almost like animal hair. The fiber used has "memory" for responsiveness, so allows the hair to bounce back and quickly reform.
Most synthetic materials have a mix of nylon and polyester. However with shaving brushes the products used are generally more complex than this. It is actually quite hard to describe these, as they are chemical formulas.
No Hair Loss with Synthetic
One major advantage of buying and using a synthetic shaving brush is that they do not lose hairs. If you use a standard shaving brush made from boar, badger or horse hair then you will know that all of those types will lose some hair.
Thousands of hairs are glued into the handle. Over time and with use some of these hairs weaken and come loose. With synthetic hair you simply don't have that problem.
Water Retention with Synthetic
Good shaving brushes should hold a lot of water, as that is what helps a lot when it comes to creating a rich creamy shaving lather. With the early versions of synthetic brushes, these were really bad at doing that.
Things have certainly changed a lot. When we used the different synthetic brushes we quickly discovered that this was no longer a problem. Almost all of the ones that we used did a good job at that. The only one that struggled a bit was the Parker model, but it gets better with use.