Our UK Review of the Sminiker Quiet Hair Clippers
These new to the UK market hair clippers are from the Sminiker brand. I have read quite a few reviews about these, and buyers rate them very highly indeed. They have achieved a 4.8 out of 5 star rating, which is an excellent overall score.
These are cordless and they come with 2 batteries (rechargeable) and a charger. That makes them handy to use at home, without worrying about trailing leads. It also makes them useful when travelling or when on holiday.
This is a hair clipping set, and as you can see, you do get quite a lot for your money. We shall look at those contents in a bit more depth later. If you are in a hurry, then the feedback on these are great. With a price point of under £27, the price also seems great value for money.
How Buyers Rate the Sminiker Hair Clippers
When considering buying any product, it is always good to check out any existing buyer reviews. That is what we do here at the Emporium, and then apply the right analysis. Just below, we have included the actual ratings, and expressed those in percentage terms.
These are based on 5 star ratings with 5 being the highest, and 1 being the lowest.
At a quick glance you can see that around 9 out of 10 buyers rate these as a 5 star product and 97% rate them 4 stars or higher. Only 3% of buyers have them a low 2 star rating. At the time of writing this, we had looked at over 50 reviews, on sites like Amazon, eBay and other online stores.
If these change we will update the above information, as we do with all our reviews each month. We like to keep reviews as up to date and fresh as we can.
Sminiker Quiet Cordless Hair Clipper Specification
- The Hair Clippers - these are well balanced, heavy duty, with a smooth edge to prevent any tearing or plucking of the hair
- The clippers have one titanium blade, which will stay sharp, and will not rust. The moving blade is made from smooth ceramic
- These are very quiet in operation, and also low on vibration, and that is good if you plan on cutting children's hair - the noise can often put them off and even make them jump
- You get 4 combs - 3 mm, 6 mm, 9 mm and a 12 mm to allow you to do different thicknesses of haircuts
- The blade width is 45 mm
- These also come with 2 rechargeable batteries and an adapter - charging time for a full charge is 2-3 hours. The length of the electric adapter cord is 1.8 metres (about 5 feet) - these comes with a UK plug
- A Cleaning brush
- You also get a good quality pair of stainless steel hairdressing quality scissors
- They measure 27 x 20 x5.6 cm and weigh about 575 grams
Unboxing Video Review of the Sminiker Clippers
In the video below, you can watch a chap open up the clipper box, and show you what you get. As you can see there is no pouch to hold all the bits and bobs, which I think is disappointing, but you can also hear just how quiet these really are.
Use of the Sminiker Clippers
The main use of these is to cut hair, but they can also be used to trim and keep beards in shape. They are very quiet and many buyers commented on that aspect. They work off one battery, and you get two. If both are charged, then you have a lot of cutting time.
The majority of people who buy these get them to cut their son's hair, and avoid expensive barber bills. These are quiet, though not silent, and that can make haircut time a little more pleasant for all concerned.
Verdict on the Sminiker Clippers
For hair clippers these are slightly more expensive than many out there. That said, buyers rate these very highly, so they did not seem to mind paying that little bit extra. They are good quality, well made and quieter than most.
They also cut well and they do come with 3 combs. Again that is not as many as some of the other hair clippers come with, but for most haircut styles, it is enough. It is good that you get two batteries and a charger. It is disappointing however, that they didn't provide something to hold everything. If you have an old shaver bag, or small toilet bag, then that will do the trick