Our Review of the Philips Men's Electric Travel Shaver PQ203/17 Model
If you are looking for a high quality, but affordable electric shaver suitable for travel, then this Philips Men's Electric Travel Shaver PQ203/17 could be the right one for you.
We believe this is down to two key reasons. The first is that is buyers rate this shaver highly at 4.5 out of 5 stars. Secondly, at a price point of under £15, we here at the Emporium really do think this is exceptional value for money. The RRP from the manufacturer is around £17, so if you can find it cheaper elsewhere, then snap it up.
What Buyers Say About the Philips Travel Shaver?
It is of course very important when considering any electric shaver purchase, to read as many reviews as you can. After all, that is why you are reading this one. We also think it is important not just to read our review, but to get some general feedback, from all buyers.
Below we have summarised what the thousand of available reviews have been saying about this Philips Travel Shaver. To keep this simple, we have rated by percentage, how many stars actual buyers have awarded this shaver from the Philips brand. We have shown those in the chart below. At the time of doing this there were over 1,000 reviews to base these figures on.
So at a glance you can now see, that just over two thirds of people rated this travel shaver as a 5 star product. Around 86% rated is 4 stars or higher. It is safe to conduct from that, generally speaking, buyers seem to be more than satisfied with their purchase.
To sum up the overall average, with over 1,000 buyer reviews available, this Philips shaver has maintained a consistent rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars (90% satisfaction)
Philips Men's Electric Travel Shaver PQ203/17 Specification
As a potential buyer, it is always worthwhile checking out exactly what you are getting for your money. We have included all of that important information below.
- Will give you about an hour of cordless shaving when fully charged
- The RRP from the manufacturer is £17, but most places sell this cheaper at around £13-15
- Small, compact and powerful, and comes with a travel pouch
- You get the shaver, a cover, a travel pouch, a cleaning brush and the 2 AA batteries that are required for cordless use
- It comes with a 2-Year Guarantee
- Uses a close cut cutting system, with floating heads, and blades that are self-sharpening
- Ideal for those who have to travel, or for short weekend stays, hospital stays or to have in the car for a quick shave when required
Philips Men's Electric Travel Shaver PQ203/17 Pros and Cons
Like any product there are good and bad points. We here at the Shaving Emporium prefer to advise our readers of both sides of the argument, before making any conclusions. It is also worth pointing out that some people will always have a rant, others say it is great and give it a poor rating, and some people say it is rubbish and then rate it highly.
We try and apply a common sense approach to reading reviews. Some of them are clearly left by some strange people, but we have always found that if you look carefully enough, you get some really useful information. It is that which we have summarised below.
- At around the £13 price point buyers agree that this shaver is good value for money
- Appears to be a very popular choice for anyone who simply wants a quick shave
- Very good results from a battery shaver
- Quiet enough and compact enough to be carried around and used almost anywhere
- An ideal solution for anyone who travels a lot
- Does not work directly from the mains
- You do have to keep buying batteries
- A few buyers said this was useful on coarse hair
Video Review of the Braun Series 3 3040 Electric Razor
We searches YouTube for any videos on this Braun shaver. There were a few available, but we found this one to be the most useful.
Our Recommendation on the Philips Men's Electric Travel Shaver PQ203/17
We noticed on quite a number of the websites that sold this, that they referred to a main's adaptor. That is clearly a mistake as this is a shaver that works on batteries only. Please be aware of that before making any purchase.
It is clear that around 3% of the UK market do not rate this Philip's Travel Shaver very highly. Almost exclusively, those buyers had tough or coarse hair. They were clearly not impressed by the cutting ability. If you are in that percentage, then avoid this as your choice. You can check out our electric shaver top rated list by clicking here.
For the majority of the great British public, and especially those who travel, this one is clearly an affordable and good value battery shaver. It is small, fits into the hand nicely, and delivers a close cut shave. It comes with the travel pouch and a cleaning brush for your convenience.