UK Review of the Braun Series 9 9095CC Men's Electric Foil Shaver
The Braun Series 9 9095CC model is a popular choice for many UK buyers. This is our UK review of what many buyers say, is the best electric shaver in the world. This has an RRP of £329.99. Don't panic though as we have found this online, for prices in and around £145. That is still expensive, but a lot cheaper than the RRP.
Overall buyers rate this Braun model at 4.2 out of 5 stars. That is not the highest rating ever seen, but is is still a very good one. So, let's have a closer look at this foil shaver from the Braun brand. It certainly has a lot of very useful features.
Short Description of the Braun Series 9 9095CC
Here is a short and concise introduction to this cordless shaver. Braun advertise their Series 9 shavers as their "top of the line products." There is not much doubt that this range is indeed high quality. They take the normally boring electric shaver to whole new level.
There is a price to pay for that though, so please be aware of that. Any shaver over £100 needs to be something special, if I am going to spend that amount of money.
This particular model within the Series 9 range can deliver 40,000 cross cutting movements per minute. That means for mere mortals like you and me, that it removes more hair in the first stroke than any other electric shaver.
It is 100% waterproof so can be rinsed under the tap for easy cleaning. As it is waterproof it can be used for wet shaving, and that means you can take it into the shower. When it is time for a thorough cleaning, then you can put it into the washing station, which is also a charging station. This is a high quality foil shaver and it also has a trimmer on the side.
What Buyers Say About the Braun Series 9 9095CC Foil Shaver
It is of course very important when considering any electric shaver purchase, to read as many reviews as you can. After all, that is why you are reading this one.
We also think it is important not just to read our review, but to get some general feedback, from all buyers.
As I mentioned earlier, you should be able to find this one for around £145. Now although that is about half of the RRP, it is still a lot of your hard earned cash. That is why we like to check ALL of the reviews.
Below we have summarised what the thousands of available reviews and what buyers have been saying about this Braun foil shaver. To keep this simple, we have rated by percentage, how many stars actual buyers have awarded this shaver from the Braun brand.
We have shown those in the chart below. At the time of doing this there were over 1,100 reviews to base these figures on. That is a lot of reviews, so the summary below should really help.
So at a glance you can now see, that 59 out of 100 buyers rated the Series 9-9095C as a 5 star product. Around 80% rated is 4 stars or higher. These are good ratings, though there are more poor reviews, than we normally like to see.
It is also worthwhile pointing out, that the number of low 1 and 2 star reviews are pretty high with a combined total of around 11%. We will have a look at why they thought this was the case. You will find that in the Pros and Cons section of this article.
To sum up the overall average, with over 450 buyer reviews available, this Braun shaver has maintained a consistent rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars (84% satisfaction)
Below we have included a more detailed specification on this shaver. More importantly though we have also included the "Pros & Cons" of this shaver, and what real life buyers actually had to say.
Braun Series 9 9095CC Foil Shaver Specification
As a potential buyer, we believe it is worthwhile to check out exactly what you are getting for your money.
To the right you can see an image of this shaver and charger. If you click the image, you can see a larger versions.
Just below you can see another image of this shaver, and the various parts that you get. In addition, we have included all of the important technical information below.
- With this purchase you get the Braun Series 9 9095cc wet and dry shaver, a clean and charge station, one cleaning cartridge, a SmartPlug, a cleaning brush and a leather pouch
- It is a very high quality foil in the head of the shaver known as an Optifoil, works really well even on 3 day old beards and stubble
- Uses a technology that helps raise individual hairs for cutting
- The head of the shaver pivots, and that allows it to easily follow the contours of the face and neck
- 100% waterproof so can be quickly rinsed under the tap for cleaning purposes. It can also be used in the shower, or at the sink for wet shaving with a gel, soap or foam.
- Has a rubberised grip
- The cleaning system does a more thorough job, and also dries off the shaver. This is an alcohol based cleaning system, and uses a cartridge which will need replacing (It comes with one cartridge)
- Uses a Lithium Ion battery where a 1 hour charge gives you 50 minutes of shaving - also has a fast charge - 5 minutes is all it needs to allow one full shave
- Has a trimmer on the back, which slides up and this seems to work really well
- Weighs 1.3 Kg
- 2-year guarantee
Braun Series 9 9095CC Shaver Pros and Cons
Like any product there are usually good and bad points. We here at the Shaving Emporium prefer to advise our readers of both sides of the argument, before making any conclusions.
It is also worth pointing out that some people will always have a moan or a rant, others say it is great and give it a poor rating, and some people say it is rubbish and then rate it highly.
We try and apply a common sense approach to reading reviews. Some of them are clearly left by some strange people, but we have always found that if you look carefully enough, you get some really useful information. It is that which we have summarised below.
As I pointed out already, there are around 11% poor reviews on this model. (48 out of 460) 80% of the reviews were 4 star or higher, so that is represented in the table below:
- Most buyers made their purchase when they found a good deal and not at the RRP
- The shaver seems large and bulky, but it is very well made, and certainly shaves very close
- The shaver does charge really quickly, and lasts for about a week before needing charged again
- The cleaning station is really good and very effective to keep the shaver hygienic
- The shave is so close it can last for up to 24 hours
- This foil shaver is much better than any rotary one on the market
- Some buyers said this model is not as good as the Braun Series 7 series
- A few buyers said getting foil replacements has been very difficult
- Most of the poor reviews simply stated that, this did not shave as well as they had hoped
Video Review of the Braun Series 9 9095CC
We searched YouTube for any videos on this Braun shaver. There were a few available, but we found this one to be the most useful. This one shows some of the very useful features, and the guy has done a good in-depth review.
Our Recommendation on the Braun Series 9 9095CC Men's Electric Foil Shaver
This shaver sells really well, but only at the lower price points. 80% of around 450 buyer reviews, gave this 4 stars or higher. All things considered, that is good, without being exceptional.
However, if this is not the one for you can check out our electric shaver top rated list by clicking here.
Here at the Emporium we appreciate that £145+ is a lot of money to spend. We don't think this is the best shaver on the market, but it is still a very good one.
The Braun 9 9095CC has plenty of features and a good reliable cutting technology. It charges really quickly and holds its charge really well. It can be used for both wet and dry shaving.