Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3010s Electric Shaver UK Review
It is fair to say that the Braun Series 3 Proskin 3010s, is one of the biggest selling electric shavers, ever to be found in the United Kingdom. This particular model has sold in its hundreds of thousands.
Braun is after all, a very well known and respected brand, and their Series 3 is a well priced range of shavers.
The ProSkin 3010s In A Nutshell
Here at the Emporium, we know that your time is precious, and you may not have time to read through our full and detailed review. That is why we like to put together what we call a nutshell review.
- This electric shaver has been bought by hundreds of thousands of UK Buyers
- It is a cordless foil shaver
- Takes 60 minutes for a full charge to give you 45 minutes of cordless shaving (also has a quick 5 minute charge if you are in a hurry)
- It an be used for normal dry shaving or wet shaving with a foam or gel if you prefer
- It comes with a smart plug so can be used on the UK electric supply, or easily converted to the 110 volt supply in other countries
- 100% waterproof
- Has a side trimmer
You can see from the above features, that this wet and dry shaver from Braun, ticks many of the boxes.
In terms of pricing this on has a recommended price of £89.99. The good news is that you will seldom see that price, wherever you decide to buy. It is possible to find it considerably cheaper.
Detailed Review of the Braun 3010s
For those of you who have a little more time, then below we have completed a more in depth review, of this very popular choice. Just below, we have included the very important features, that you should always consider, before buying any shaver.
Wet & Dry Shaver
This will not be that important for everyone, but for some buyers it is vital. This model allows you to do a normal dry shave, as all electric shavers will do.
However, as this one is waterproof, it can be used in the shower, and some guys prefer that option. In addition to that, it makes it easier to clean, by simply rinsing it under the tap, and allowing it to dry.
Some men also prefer to use a foam, cream or gel to soap their face for shave. You can do that with this one, and then shave it off using this 3010s.
Charging and Usage
One vital thing about any cordless shaver is the charging capability. What we particularly like about this is the fast 5 minute charge. There will always be time when we are in a hurry, and the charge runs out. Frustrating, we know.
Well with this one, you can give it a quick 5 minute blast, and it will be enough to give you a shave.
Under normal circumstances, a hour charge gives you 45 minutes of shaving, which we think is excellent.
The good news is that there is a charging LED on the razor. When that flashes red it is time to give it a charge.
This is always the true test of any electric shaver. Does it give you a close enough shave? This area always divides opinion, and with this shaver it is no different.
The majority of buyers (84%) say it shaves very well, but the other 16% stated that it either missed hair on the face, or could not handle the really old 2-3 day stubble.
If you shave every day, this one does work well, but any longer than that, this shaver will not do the best job.
How Buyers Rate the 3010s Model?
With thousands of buyer reviews to read, it can be a real pain to get through all of them. They are also often hard to understand. Here at the Emporium, this is what we do. We then summarise those, so as you don't have to.
Overall buyers rated this shaver with an average buyer satisfaction, and value for money rating of 84%. We consider that a good rating, and one that has remained consistent over time.
Many of the modern shavers cost in excess of £200. Now this is not a shaver of that quality, but for around £50-60, we think it is very well priced.
We have summarised what buyers had to say in the table below.
Our Verdict on the Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3010s
Hundreds of thousands of buyers are seldom wrong. At the £50-60 price point, we think this one does offer very good value for money. For most men this will do a good job, and even for those guys with more sensitive skin.
For those with tough beards, or who prefer to shave every 2-3 days, give this one a miss. You can check out our top list of electric shavers by clicking here.
For the majority of users though, this Braun 3010s will be a very popular choice.