Our Review of the Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040s Electric Shaver
This 3040 model from Braun remains one of the most popular electric shavers, currently being sold in the UK market. This particular shaver has been out for quite some time now, and yet it remains the first choice for many buyers.
We believe this is down to two key reasons. The first is that is is good quality, and secondly the price is a sensible one, and an affordable one for most buyers. It has all the right features as it can be used either wet or dry, with one simple charge it can last for a week, and the head of the razor has a very nice floating action for clean cut shaving.
What Buyers Say About the Braun Series 3 3040?
It is of course very important when considering an electric shaver purchase, to read as many reviews as you can. After all, that is why you are reading this one. We also think it is important not just to read our review, but to get some general feedback, from all buyers.
Below we have summarised what the thousand of available reviews have been saying. To keep this simple, we have rated by percentage, how many stars actual buyers have awarded this shaver from Braun. We have shown those in the chart below.
So at a glance you can now see, that 6 out of 10 people rated this Braun shaver as a 5 star product. Around 82% rated is 4 stars or higher. It is safe to conduct from that, generally speaking, buyers seem to be more than satisfied with their purchase.
To sum up the overall average, with over 2,500 buyer reviews available, this Braun shaver has maintained a consistent rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars (84% satisfaction)
Braun Series 3 3040 Specification
As a potential buyer, it is always worthwhile checking out exactly what you are getting for your money. We have included all of that important information below.
- This is currently the best seller over at Amazon UK for Electric Foil Shavers
- The RRP from the manufacturer is £99.99, but most places sell this cheaper at around £48-55
- It can be used for dry shaving or for wet shaving with gels and foams - it can be used in the shower
- One hour charge will last a week for normal shaving - also has a quick 5 minute charge option for a quick shave
- You get the shaver, a smart plug and a cleaning brush
- Uses a triple action cutting system, a foil system and a comb system that feeds the hair into the blades
- Has a trimmer on the back that you can push up to use
Braun Series 3 3040 Pros and Cons
Like any product there are good and bad points. We here at the Shaving Emporium prefer to advise our readers of both sides of the argument, before making any conclusions. It is also worth pointing out that some people will always have a rant, others say it is great and give it a poor rating, and some people say it is rubbish and then rate it highly.
We try and apply a common sense approach to reading reviews. Some of them are clearly left by some strange people, but we have always found that if you look carefully enough, you get some really useful information. It is that which we have summarised below.
- At around the £50 price point buyers agree that this shaver is good value for money
- This electric shaver has been out for a long time and remains a best selling product
- It charges really quickly and that is always a good thing
- It can be used as both a quick dry shave, but can also be used with a gel or foam, and also used in the shower
- This is a foil shaver, better for sensitive skin, and the overall cutting experience appears to be very good.
- Appearance wise it looks good and it is really useful if you have to travel
- Most of the 1 star reviews were about this shaver not being able to deal with removing coarse or rough hair
- A few of the 1 star reviews were about the actual design and not being a comfortable shave
- Generally speaking the bad reviews stated that they had to continually go over areas of the skin to get a decent shave - again that seemed to be for people with tougher hair
Video Review of the Braun Series 3 3040 Electric Razor
We searches YouTube for any videos on this Braun shaver. There were a few available, but we found this one to be the most useful.
Our Recommendation on the Braun Series 3 3040 Electric Shaver
It is clear that around 4-5% of the UK market do not rate this Braun Series 3 very highly. Almost exclusively, those buyers had tough or coarse hair. They were clearly not impressed by the cutting ability. If you are in that percentage, then avoid this as your choice. You can check out our electric shaver top list by clicking here.
For the majority of the great British public, this one is clearly an affordable and good value electric shaver. It did not become the best selling foil shaver on Amazon by being a poor product. The charging time is quick, can be used for dry or wet shaving, has a trimmer built in, and is a good quality general purpose electric razor.