Our Review of the Braun CoolTec CT2cc Wet and Dry Electric Foil Shaver
The Braun CoolTec CT2cc wet and dry electric foil shaver is a solid selling product in the UK. It is priced at around £116 and that makes it towards the higher end of the price range, for an electric shaver
Buyers rate this shaver highly at 4.1 out of 5 stars. It is both a wet and dry shaver and has been designed and made in Germany by the well respected Braun company.
Short Description of the Braun CoolTec CT2cc
Here is a short and concise introduction to this cordless shaver. The difference in this model, compared to others is that it has an active cooling technology, which makes it a good choice for people with sensitive skin.
It then employs a three action cutting system which helps adapt the blades to the facial contours. Those same blades have been designed to capture hairs growing in different directions.
It is a wet or a dry shaver and is 100% waterproof so can be used under the shower. There is a clean and charge station, and it comes with 4 cleaning cartridges and a cleaning brush.
What Buyers Say About the Braun CoolTec CT2cc
It is of course very important when considering any electric shaver purchase, to read as many reviews as you can. After all, that is why you are reading this one. We also think it is important not just to read our review, but to get some general feedback, from all buyers.
If you are prepared to pay around £120 for an electric shaver, then you should take the time to make sure it is exactly the right one for you.
Below we have summarised what the thousands of available reviews and what buyers have been saying about this Braun foil shaver. To keep this simple, we have rated by percentage, how many stars actual buyers have awarded this shaver from the Braun brand.
We have shown those in the chart below. At the time of doing this there were over 250 reviews to base these figures on.
So at a glance you can now see, that just under a half of buyers rated this travel shaver as a 5 star product. Around 75% rated is 4 stars or higher. These ratings are OK, without being anything special.
It is also worthwhile pointing out, that the number of low 1 and 2 star reviews are relatively small with a combined total of around 9%.
To sum up the overall average, with over 250 buyer reviews available, this Braun shaver has maintained a consistent rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars (82% satisfaction)
Below we have included a more detailed specification on this shaver. More importantly though we have also included the "Pros & Cons" of this shaver, and what real life buyers actually had to say.
Braun CoolTec CT2cc Specification
As a potential buyer, we believe it is worthwhile to check out exactly what you are getting for your money.
On the right you can see an image of this shaver, when it arrives in the box. We have included all of the important technical information below.
- This shaver can be used for both dry and wet shaving (foam, gel etc)
- It is a cordless shaver and comes with a charging station, which doubles up as a cleaning station
- It is a twin foil shaver so a better option for sensitive skin, rather than a rotary head style
- It comes with a clean and charge station with 4 cartridges, and a cleaning brush
- It also has a charging cradle, a smart plug and a protection cap
- This CoolTecuses an integrated electric cooling element, which turns electric power into a cool sensation - activated by pushing a button
- Designed to reduce the burning feeling, and reduce skin irritation and rashes
- Designed for men with sensitive skin
- Uses a Lithium Ion battery where a 1 hour charge gives you 45 minutes of shaving - also has a fast charge - 5 minutes is all it needs to allow one full shave
- Has a trimmer on the side which works pretty well
Braun CoolTec CT2cc Pros and Cons
Like any product there are usually good and bad points. We here at the Shaving Emporium prefer to advise our readers of both sides of the argument, before making any conclusions.
It is also worth pointing out that some people will always have a rant, others say it is great and give it a poor rating, and some people say it is rubbish and then rate it highly.
We try and apply a common sense approach to reading reviews. Some of them are clearly left by some strange people, but we have always found that if you look carefully enough, you get some really useful information. It is that which we have summarised below.
As I pointed out already, there are around 9% poor reviews on this model. (20 out of 250) 75% of the reviews were 4 star or higher, so that is represented in the table below:
- Gives a quality shave and the cool feature does actually help a lot with the normal burning sensation from electric shaving
- The cleaning station uses alcohol and does give a hygienic clean
- The shaver does charge really quickly, and the 5 minute quick charge is super handy in the morning
- A few buyers said they have finally got rid of their neck rash
- Those who gave poor reviews simply though that its cutting capability was awful
- Too expensive and the cooling technology is little more than a gimic
Video Review of the Braun CoolTec CT2cc
We searched YouTube for any videos on this Braun shaver. There were a few available, but we found this one to be the most useful. This one shows some of the very useful features, and the guy has done a good in-depth review.
Our Recommendation on the Braun CoolTec CT2cc Electric Foil Shaver
This is designed to be a shaver for men with sensitive skin. To make it like that, Braun have introduced what they call the Cooltec feature. That is about keeping the head of the shaver cool during the shaving process.
If this is not the one for you can check out our electric shaver top rated list by clicking here.
This shaver has twin foil heads, and a trimmer on the side. Please note the head does not swivel. As such it will in our opinion, not be able to get into all the contours of the face and neck.
You have to push the blue button to activate the cool feature. Buyers said for the most part that works pretty well.
The Braun Cooltec is an interesting range of shavers, and this model is one of their lead shavers in this range.