Best Stubble Trimmer UK Reviews & Buyer's Guide
In this article we review what we believe to be the best stubble trimmers that are currently available on the UK marketplace. These often get mixed up with hair trimmers and even electric shavers, and those three products are not the same thing at all.
You may then well ask what is the difference between a stubble trimmer, an electric shaver and a beard trimmer? Well, in simple terms it is all about the look that you want to show to the public.
A lot of men prefer the look that is often referred to as the "After 5 o'clock look." It is a great look for those men who don't want a fully clean and smooth shave look. In other words a little stubble is left on the face.
Some men either don't want a full beard, or simply can not grow a full beard. The reality is that some men just don't suit the full beard look, and those men then prefer to have what again is often referred to as a designer stubble.
When you own the right type of stubble trimmer, then you can decide how long you want this stubble to be. So a stubble trimmer when applied correctly leaves just the right amount of hair to give you that sexy look that you want.
You can vary just how much stubble is left by making a simple adjustment to the stubble trimmer that you are using.
Electric shavers are for those men who prefer the clean shaven look.
Beard trimmers, are as the name would suggest, designed with a range of attachments for beard grooming. Beards are usually thicker than a stubble look and as such, need different blades and attachments.
Please note this is a long article. For those who just want a fast answer, then we think the best stubble trimmer is the BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble which is available at Amazon UK
When you look and observe some men you will notice that some just tend to have a great deal more hair than others. Many guys have thin hair, whereas others have hairs popping out of every orifice on their body.
The trend in the UK now appears to be that a little stubble is the right place to be.Think of people like George Clooney, Gerard Butler Justin Timberlake etc and you will get my general drift. This particular look has been in for a while and looks set to grow in fashion.
Like most things when it comes to getting this look you can spend time and money at a barbers or go for the do-it-yourself approach at home. A lot of people are opting for the latter, and that explains the explosive growth in stubble trimmers.
These stubble trimmers cost on average around the £35-50 mark, so affordable for most people, and actually pretty easy to use.
Stubble Trimmer Buying Guide
We did find a few of these stubble trimmers for under £20 but we have left those off our list as the reviews were simply awful. Those that remain are now on our list below as they have all got good and consistent reviews.
We are talking at least 80% or higher buyer satisfaction, so you will know that other buyers have rated these highly. In terms of what you should look for the most important thing is that you are left with the right length of hair, so that means the head of the trimmer has to be adjustable.
If you want this same length all over your stubble, then the trimmer head has to adjust to the different contours of your face. When those two boxes have been ticked, then you will want nice sharp blades and a good battery life so as you can use the trimmer whenever you need it.
The normal basics apply after that and include how easy it is to clean, maintain and what type of warranty you get. We have compiled a list below for you which includes the name, an image, buyer's rating, a price guide and brief description. We hope that you find this useful.
Top 5 Buyer Rated Stubble Trimmers
- Solimpia Beard Trimmer for Men Stubble Trimmer (92%)
- BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (82%)
- BaByliss for Men 7890U i-stubble Trimmer (77%)
- BaByliss for Men Super Stubble XTP Beard Trimmer (76%)
- BaByliss for Men Super Stubble and Beard Trimmer 7898U (76%)
The % score is the average buyer satisfaction rating given to each product by buyers online. Here at the Emporium we check the many websites where these are sold.
We then collect that information and work out the average ratings to come up with an overall percentage satisfaction rating. Underneath we have done a more detailed review of each stubble trimmer.
No 1 Choice - Solimpia Beard Trimmer for Men Stubble Trimmer
- This is a 3 in 1 grooming kit that includes a beard, hair and nose
- It has an adjustable stubble trimmer comb
- It has stainless steel blades
- It also can be charged using a USB port which is then good for 60 minutes shaving time
- It is fully washable
- Comes with a travel lock indicator
No 2 Choice - BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble
- This stubble trimmer can be plugged into the mains electric or used as a cordless option
- You use a dial control to choose the length of stubble and the range is anything between 0.5-15 mm
- There are 30 cutting lengths to create short stubble or longer beards
- The comb guide is removable
- The head is washable
No 3 Choice - BaByliss for Men 7890U i-stubble Trimmer
- This strimmer needs a 90-minute charge and will then provide 45 minutes of use
- It uses a shaver style power lead for convenient bathroom recharging
- It is a good choice for either a stubble trimmer or for guys with short hair beards
- Has an LCD display for settings
- Can be used as a corded or cordless option
No 4 Choice - BaByliss for Men Super Stubble XTP Beard Trimmer
- A great choice for very precise stubble and short beards
- This trimmer has a floating head which helps track the curves of the face for accuracy and comfort
- The comb and precision blades are skin friendly so no after rash
- Also works well for beards with adjustable stubble lengths of 0.4 mm-5 mm
- It is 100% waterproof and can be cleaned under the tap or used in the shower.
- Has a very fast 80 minute full charge which then gives 70 minute cutting time.
No 5 Choice - BaByliss for Men Super Stubble and Beard Trimmer 7898U
- A good choice for men who like the stubble look, or for guys who like the short hair beard
- Like most stubble trimmers in the Babyliss range this one also has a floating head
- Skin-friendly comb and precision blades
- 100% waterproof