Best Men's Night Face Moisturiser for Healthy Glowing Skin
If you are a man who is looking for the best moisturiser to use at night time, then hopefully this article will really help you out? I know when I started looking for these it was really confusing, so hopefully I can bring a little clarity to this problem.
The simple answer to this is that the best night face moisturisers for men are those that are a little heavier and richer than your normal everyday moisturiser. The beauty of applying something richer at night time is that of course you are not going out in public, and so the moisturiser can be applied and left to properly soak into your face. That can make a huge difference.
Why Apply a Face Moisturiser at Night Time?
When applying a moisturiser during the day, time is usually of the essence. Most of us have to then leave the house and go to school, work or whatever our daily tasks happen to be. Now applying a daily moisturiser to your face is an excellent idea of course and is something that you should do every single day.
However at night you can actually treat your face to a richer application of moisturiser. Ideally you can do this before bed and then just climb in and let the night cream do the work. It will slowly and gradually soak into the pores of your skin and then permeate through to your inner skin.
The key thing to remember is that when you are resting and sleeping, your skin gets the opportunity to rejuvenate. Night creams boost collagen in your skin and this helps a lot with issues such as hyper-pigmentation and fine lines.
It also helps clear dirt from your face, renews the skin cells and stops the skin tissue from getting damaged.
10 Key Benefits of Night Face Moisturisers
- Soothes your face and helps it relax
- Applies a lot of moisture to the drier parts of the skin on your face
- Helps develop a more even complexion and texture
- The mere application of the moisturiser helps the blood circulation in your face, ideal for boosting healthy skin cell growth
- Helps reduce wrinkles
- Boosts collagen in the skin
- Helps stop your skin from sagging
- Makes your skin softer
- Helps reduce the ageing of the skin
- Helps restore the elasticity of the skin
Top 3 Night Face Moisturisers for Men
The top 3 are shown below. If you click on any of the links you can read my summary review.
No 1 Choice - Nivea Men Active Age Night Regenerator
- This is a complete regeneration moisturiser for men that lasts up to 24 hours
- Moisturises, regenerates, strengthens, firms, improves contours and reduces wrinkles
- Suitable for all skin types
- Ideal for men men who want to reduce the signs of ageing
- Strengthens skin's elasticity and firms the skin
- Skin feels relaxed in the morning
- Contains glycerin so ideal for dry skin
- Not heavy but nice and light to put on.
No 2 Choice - Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Night Renewal Cream
- Green tea extract to combat premature ageing
- Contains Shea butter and borage seed, Pro-vitamin B5 and vitamin E
- No perfume, no colour, no unnecessary or harsh chemicals
- Ideal for even sensitive skin
- Dermatological tested and approved
- Contains glycerin
- Non greasy
- Feels light to apply
- Many men also use this as an eye cream
- Great for dry skin according to many buyers
No 3 Choice - No7 Men Protect & Perfect Intense - ADVANCED Night Moisturiser
- Improves the look of deep lines and wrinkles
Improves the skin within 2 weeks
- Moisturises for up to 24 hours
- Contains Protect Intense ADVANCED Serum
- Hypo-allergenic so it's kind to even the most sensitive skin
- Most buyers agree that you do wake up with healthier looking skin after 2-3 weeks
- A popular brand choice
- Buyers with sensitive skin appeared to like this night moisturiser a lot
What Do Night Face Moisturisers Contain?
They contain different types of ingredients and you should be selecting one depending on your skin type.
Men with Dry Skin
If you suffer from dry skin, which typically gets worse in the winter months, then you want a night face moisturiser that is very good at retaining moisture. Here are a few ingredients to look out for:
- Glycerin -attracts moisture to the upper layer of the skin where it is applied. Prevents dryness and scaling by maintaining the skin's barrier against the elements.
- Tremella Extract - also known as a snow mushroom and helps hydrate skin by binding moisture to its surface
- AHAs - Stands for alpha hydroxy acids and work as an exfoliator
- Sodium PCA - Acts as a conditioner and is an animo acid
- Hyaluronic Acid - Improves the health of skin cells
These along with mineral oils, lanolin or Shea butter are the right ingredients to look out for.
Men with Oily Skin
If however you have oil or greay skin, or indeed skin that is prone to blemishes, you really want to keep your night cream pretty simple. Here are a few ingredients to look out for:
- Non-comedogenic which means the moisturiser will not block the pores
- Salicyclic Acid
- Oil free
Full List of Ingredients Found in Night Creams and Moisturisers
I have included a full list of all the main ingredients used in the bulk of nighttime moisturisers. This is however not an exhaustive list and you should always check the ingredients on each individual product before you buy them.
The reality is though that unless you are willing to do a ton of research it can be very hard to figure out what they are all used for. Some are to improve the quality of the cream, but many are simply added to prolong the lifetime of the cream.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Apricot oil
- Jojoba oil
- Olive oil
- Rose oil
- Aloe Vera
- Shea Butter
- Amino Acids
2 Important Tips for Buying a Night Time Face Moisturiser
- Make 100% sure it is fragrance free and hypoallergenic
- Make sure the cream is not too thick as that will block the pores
Should You Use a Day and Night Moisturiser?
The quick answer is yes, you should use both. They both hydrate the skin of course but the night one is much richer and does a deeper job at deep hydrating your facial skin. The added advantage of a night moisturiser is that you are usually more relaxed, and the cream can be applied and left to work for a longer period of time.
All skin needs regular hydration and in your bed you are free from the polluted environment outside.
How To Apply Night Moisturiser
- Wash your face thoroughly
- Apply the moisturiser by dabbing it on to your face
- Using an upward circular motion massage the moisturiser into your skin
- Do not apply moisturiser to your eyelids (it stings and can make your eyes water)
Hopefully you are a little bit wiser as to finding out the best night face moisturisers for men.