Best Men's Face Cream for Anti-Aging and Looking Younger
If you are looking for the best face cream for men for anti-ageing, then this article should really help you out. There are a lot of different face cream products on the market, mainly for women, but still quite a large selection for men. Although that is good for competition and pricing, it can make choosing the right one for you quite difficult.
The simple answer to this is that the best men's face cream for anti-ageing is the one that is best suited to your skin type, and men typically will have either dry skin, or at the opposite end will have oily skin. There will of course be a percentage with normal skin type. Making sure you get the right anti-ageing face cream is vitally important.
In this article I will show you the options so as you can decide which is the best face cream for you, that has the specific benefit of reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and to help your skin keep a fresh and healthy look and feel.
Why Use An Anti-Ageing Cream?
For most men the benefits of looking after your skin are actually not that well known. The younger generation of men I believe are a lot wiser when it comes to taking care of themselves.
Back in the day men would not have considered using moisturisers, face creams or any range of skin care products. For them it was a matter of washing, shaving and splashing on some after shave.
Thankfully those days are gone and many men now know the importance of general skin care, and especially of facial care. In this article though we want to be more specific about what makes a good choice anti-ageing cream.
By its very definition this cream is all about caring for the skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and keeping the elasticity of the skin in very good shape.
10 Key Benefits of Anti-Ageing Cream
- Stops the face from drying out which slows down the ageing process
- Increases the firmness of the skin
- Helps develop a more even complexion and texture
- Helps deal with uneven skin pigmentation and age spots
- Helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Prevents the appearance of translucent blood veins
- Helps make your skin more radiant and develops a healthy glow
- Helps deal with skin inflammation
- Helps protect the skin from ageing from the sun's UVB rays
- Helps create a more youthful appearance
Top 3 Anti-Ageing Creams for Men
The top 3 are shown below. If you click on any of the links you can read my summary review.
No 1 Choice - Viola Age defying Face Cream
- This is a best seller online for very good reasons
- Provides full hydration to help reduce deep wrinkles, dark spots, and uneven skin
- Helps reverse the signs of ageing thanks to some key ingredients which include Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid and Matrixyl 3000
- Ideal for all skin types including normal, dry and oily skins
- Has powerful anti ageing peptides which helps a lot in increasing collagen stimulation
- Comes with a 100% money back guarantee
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Can also be used as a Anti ageing moisturiser, Anti Wrinkle Night Cream and more
- Develops softer skin and a more radiant complexion
No 2 Choice - Bulldog Age Defence Moisturiser
- A cheaper alternative but buyers really do like this age defence moisturiser
- This one takes about 4 weeks of application before you start to see the difference in the reduction of fine lines and fine wrinkles
- Contains Rosemary, and Vitamin E which are ideal for hydrating the skin and making it feel fresh
- Non greasy when applied
- Has a very light scent which does not linger
- An affordable option for many UK buyers
- Has not been tested on animals
No 3 Choice - L'Oreal Men Expert Vita Lift Anti Ageing Moisturiser
- This product helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production and that results in helping reduce both wrinkles and sagging
- The brand is popular and they state that this moisturiser has 5 actions which are; wrinkles, dryness, dullness, tightness and loss of firmness
- Also contains Pro retinol which helps to drain and resolve fat, and that helps a lot with eye bags and also with the double chin syndrome
- Buyers state that this one works well for hydrating and refreshing the skin
- Is known for its antioxidant properties which helps fight against signs of ageing
What Do Anti-Aging Creams Contain?
Anti ageing creams will all contain ingredients that can hydrate the skin. They will then have some form of ingredient that tightens the skin and that helps improve the overall elasticity of the skin.
That is usually good for double chins, or if you are starting to develop bags under the eyes.
Almost every anti-aging cream will also contain Retinol or something similar.
Full List of Ingredients Found in Anti-Ageing creams
I have included a full list of all the main ingredients used in the bulk of anti ageing creams and moisturisers. This is however not an exhaustive list and you should always check the ingredients on each individual product before you buy them.
The reality is though that unless you are willing to do a ton of research it can be very hard to figure out what they are all used for. Some are to improve the quality of the cream, but many are simply added to prolong the lifetime of the cream.
- Retinol - This is a form of Vitamin A which acts as an antioxidant, and these help neutralise free radicals which are responsible for breaking down skin cells
- Vitamin C - This is another great antioxidant and this one is useful for protecting the skin from damage that happens from the sun
- Peptides - These are better known for helping with stretch marks and wrinkles and have been used in creams that help heal wounds
- Tea Extracts - There are a number of these such as green, black, oolong etc and they are also an antioxidant but also have anti inflammatory properties. Mainly green tea is used in any type of wrinkle or ageing cream
- Hydroxy Acids - You will usually see these labelled as Alpha or Beta Hydroxy Acids and these are exfoliants, which help remove dead cells from the skin, and stimulate the growth of new skin
- Niacinamide - This is a strong antioxidant and helps reduce water loss and improves skin elasticity.
Should You Use An Anti-Ageing Cream?
These creams are used by people you want to keep their skin looking healthy and younger looking. Skin ages at a much earlier age than many people may first imagine. It starts from as young as 27 and it is then downhill from then.
The earlier that you start to help your skin stay young looking the better. Skin needs to be always hydrated, and also assisted to retain its elasticity. It is of course true that when we are younger our skin looks young.
As the years roll quickly by, then you do start to develop wrinkles and the dreaded fine lines of ageing. You can either live with those or try and do something about them. Many people do end up going for face lifts and other plastic surgery as they feel that is the only remedy.
That may be the case one day for those who choose that path, but there is plenty of things that can be done to help long before that stage. anti-ageing cream is one of those choices. For me a cream is always worth a try, and if it works well for you, then that is great.
If one brand doesn't work, then try another, as they each contain slightly different ingredients.
How To Apply Anti-Ageing Cream
- This is best applied at night after you have washed your face thoroughly
- Always begin with just one application per day and if there are no side effects then go with twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening
- Some people's skin may have a bad reaction to a single ingredient in a cream so we always recommend starting with a patch test, then a single application for a week, before moving to twice a day
- Do not apply anti-ageing cream to your eyelids but under the eyes is fine
Hopefully you are a little bit wiser as to finding out the best anti-ageing cream for men.